Can I put on horsechestnut cream on my legs after sclerothopy. I had it done 1week ago?

Horse Chestnut Cream after Sclerotherapy

It is possible, but depends on a variety of factors such as the level of irritation still present from the procedure, as well as the components of the cream. In general, this is a question best discussed with your treating physician after a physical exam.

New York General Surgeon

Scleroquin and Omega Cream after sclerotherapy

I recommend 2 creams after sclerotherapy, Scleroquin to reduce hyperpigmentation and Omega Cream which contains Aescin (horse chestnut extract). See the link below for more details. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Should be fine.

Horsechestnut is one of many natural products that is purported to improve vein health. There should be no contraindication to applying it to your legs one week after sclerotherapy provided the sites treated are now healed.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Horse chestnut cream after sclerotherapy

The benefits of horse chestnut cream really aren't established, but at one week out you should be fine to apply it to your legs. Any marks from the sclerotherapy are well-closed by now so there shouldn't be any issues.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD