Can I put arnica gel on my lips for the major swelling I have?

Arnica Gel

Dear patient; The answer is yes -as long as there are no open sores. Consider the ortal pills. In my opinion they work even better.

Los Angeles Dermatologist

using a topical arnika gel will help heal the swelling quicker, you can also put cold compresses a few times a day

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Can I put Arnica gel on my lips for the major swelling I have?

Hello! Thank you for your question! The recommendations for the use of these homeopathic medications are surgeon preference. I typically suggest the use of Arnica Montana to decrease swelling and bruising. It is an herbal medication that is propagated from the seeds of an herb. I, as well as my patients, have seen some benefit with the treatment in the postoperative period. Although there is little evidence to its effectiveness, I believe there is some benefit, and no harm. I recommend 4-5 tablets under the tongue 4x/day for 3-5 days prior and 5-7 days after the procedure. The topical form may work well for you too. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Arnica for swelling

Arnica can help, but make sure you don't have any wounds as this can increase your risk of infection.