Pregnancy After Vertical C-section, Should I Get a Tummy Tuck For My Belly? (photo)

I'm 39 yrs old. Have had horizontal c-section 6 yrs ago (to remove fibroids) and vertical c-section after burst appendix, 1 1/2 years ago. Good work's been done, so my recti muscles are somewhat apart, but not terribly. Still it's a problem. What's more, I'm planning In Vitro Fertilization, so I wonder how tummy is going to look like during pregnancy and after labor. Pic 20 days after surgery. Belly was too swolen back then. Wound has healed very well. Advice, suggestions, solutions, please!

Tummy tuck

Tummy tuck surgery can make a huge difference in the appearance of an abdomen when one has gone through even one pregnancy. However, pregnancy after tummy tuck can undo most of the improvements achieved from the surgery. My advice is to have the surgery when you have finished having children.

Pregnancy After Vertical C-section, Should I Get a Tummy Tuck For My Belly?

Not a good idea to to corrective abdominal surgery and get or become pregnant. I would not operate on you under these circumstances. 

Tummy Tuck Good Idea?

Thank you for the question and picture.

The best way to proceed would be to proceed with pregnancy and subsequent weight loss after pregnancy. Once you have reached a long-term stable weight (and have decided against any further pregnancy),  then tummy tuck surgery will be indicated.

The tummy tuck procedure will serve to remove “excess” skin and adipose tissue and plicate (put back together) the abdominal wall muscles that have spread.  Much, if not all, of the vertical scar can be removed.