Can I use my CPAP after a Botox injection between my brows?

Botox aftercare instructions

Thank you for your question jul karp. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression such as the vertical lines seen between the brows when one frowns. After a Botox treatment for my patients I recommend avoiding heat exposure, alcohol consumption, and strenuous exercise for 24 hours after a treatment and avoiding lying down for 4 hours after a treatment. I recommend to my patients that if pressure is applied after 4 hours, it would be ok. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox settles fairly quickly, and the results should not be affected by the CPAP mask.

There should be no problem using your CPAP machine after having Botox injections between the brows, as long as at least a few hours have passed between your treatment and using it. Botox settles fairly quickly, and the results should not be affected by the CPAP mask. 

Karen Beasley, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello jul karp,

As long as the CPAP is not putting pressure on your forehead, you should be good to go.  If it is putting pressure in the injection area, I would recommend waiting one night before using it to prevent spread of the Botox to unwanted areas.  The best bet is to talk to your injector since he or she knows where the injections were placed and he or she can look at your mask to see if pressure would be placed. 

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

CPAP and botox

there is no effect of CPAP on botox, you are okay to do your botox treatments and continue your nightly sleep.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Using CPAP after a Botox Injection

Thank you for asking about your Botox and your sleep apnea.

Your CPAP is presumably for sleep apnea - you should not stop using it.
Using CPAP should not affect your Botox if it was injected more than 4 hours earlier. 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Using CPAP Machine After Botox Injections

There should not be any problem using your CPAP machine after having Botox injections for the glabellar area (in between the brows).  If you have any additional concerns or are considering Botox treatments for other areas of the face, I would discuss these points with an experience injector or your medical doctor.
Best, Dr. Gregory Lewen

Gregory D. Lewen, MD, FACS
Miami Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can I use my CPAP after a Botox injection between my brows? = possibly #fb #botox #CPAP #restrictions #drmesa

After Botox injections ( eg. between the eyebrows - aka glabella region) patients should adhere common recommended post-botox injection restrictions like avoiding lying flat for at least 4 hours, avoid extraneous exercise for 24 hours, avoid intake of blood thinning medications like aspirin and or NSAIDs ( eg advil), among other.

In my practice, I recommend my patients that after Botox injections to resume their normal activities after 24 hours (including CPAP use). 

Patients interested in determining if it is OK to use CPAP after Botox treatment in between their eyebrows should ask their licensed botox injectors for specific medical advice.

John Mesa, MD

#Botox and CPAP Machines

I am not aware of any report claiming wearing a CPAP machine after receiving botox injections in the glabella, between eyebrows or elsewhere can adversely effect the treatment.

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

CPAP is not contraindicated after Botox injection for 11 lines

There is no contraindication to suing your CPAP device or mask after you get Botox injection. 

I would wipe the area with alcohol in the morning to prevent a local soft tissue infection from the moisture the device generates. 

Best
Dr. Karamanoukian

Botox and CPAP

Thank you for your question.  I do not think using your CPAP device will have any effect whatsoever on the outcome of your Botox injections. I always recommend discussing your complete medical history with your provider. Good luck.

“This answer has been solicited without seeing the patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a board certified plastic surgeon for appropriate care.”