Got Botox on my forehead 1st time where 11 shows between forehead. indentation across forehead now after accidental pressure.

On day 1 of Botox, I got tiny insect line bumps on the shot spot. It Wore off by next day. Today on day 10, I Did yoga, placed my head on yoga blocks to rest. Later, I saw a line across my forehead, its indentation that usually would be by placing forehead on some soft edged object that goes away after few minutes. Now after 4 hours this mark hasn't gone! I did warm compression with no pressure. Now, line has moved from center of forehead to the edge now by the temple.

Botox and Indentations

Thank you for your question. This is unusual for Botox and without a picture it is difficult to give you an answer. I recommend having this evaluated by your treating physician.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox creating lines?

The circumstances that you mentioned are not related to Botox.  Although you may have decreased motion in your forehead, this will result in less wrinkles and not more.   As mentioned previously, and depending on the type of yoga you are participating in,  the line that you mentioned across your forehead from pressure is most likely representative of dehydration.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, M.D., FACS

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dent in forehead

This is not related to your botox treatment from 10 days ago.  It is likely that you are dehydrated and it is taking a bit longer for the indent to go away.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox

Without photos it is difficult to accurately asses your condition.  It is likely that you just developed a pressure mark on your forehead that should disappear.  Good luck

Indentation on forehead after Botox injection

This is not typical of Botox. Honestly, I have never had a patient complain of this. Without seeing photos or evaluating you in person, I cannot really give you an answer. Please follow up with your injector. I suspect it has nothing to do with the Botox and will resolve on its own.

Botox and Indentations

Thank you so much for your question.  I have seen another patient with a similar experience shortly after receiving botox injections on her forehead. She actually did what she knew she shouldn't do and wore a hat immediately after receiving botox.  The good thing is, after a day or two, the indentations did go away and everything on her forehead looked great.  If the problem continues, try to make an appointment with your favorite plastic surgeon's office and ask the injector if adding more botox to the areas of concern might alleviate the problem.  Wishing you so well on your journey!

Remus Repta, MD

Line on forehead

It sounds like the relaxed muscle on your forehead hasn't been able to "recover" from the indent of the yoga block.  This seems like the most obvious cause, since a 'normal' untreated muscle would have been able to recover fairly quickly.

Since the muscles on your forehead sounds as though they are fully relaxed, I would avoid any prolonged pressure on the forehead that could leave a prolonged imprint.

Reza Tirgari, MD
San Diego Physician

Getting to the Bottom of it--Botox Bumps and Indents

This is tough to answer without pictures and doesn't sound typical for Botox. I recommend following up with your injector or posting photos. Best, Dr. Emer

Moving lines on forehead after Botox

This sounds unusual for Botox. It is hard for me to follow what is going on. If you have any questions, discuss this with your doctor. Botox is absorb within hours of the injection and nothing after that time can affect its results.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox Question

Hello and thank you for posting your question! Without a picture, it's difficult to determine the cause of your new line. Botox is a great product, used to prevent muscle contraction in the area it is injected. Botox works in ~7-10 days, with full results apparent at day 14.  Botox would not cause a "new" line, nor would the carrier fluid remain in this area for that duration (as it is absorbed by the body). My suggestion would be to wait the full 14 days to allow the results of botox to take effect, and contact your provider if you have any further concerns! Best of luck, Justin Harper, MD. 

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician