Botox for Chin Dimples and Squareness? (Photo)

Would a small amount of Botox reduce/eliminate the squareness that happens to my chin when I smile fully? When I'm being very conscious I can sometimes purposely relax the chin/jaw muscles but I would love to just eliminate the issue. I have also been considering fillers on the side of my chin to give a smoother appearance and stronger, straighter jawline. Would rather not have an implant.

Botox for chin dimples

Great results can be achieved to soften chin dimpling with small amounts of Botox (typically 5-10 units).  The duration of effect will average 3-4 months depending on the strength of the muscle and the dosage used. 

Dimpling when smiling

Thank you for your photos! Botox will definitely help reduce the amount of muscle contraction and straining occuring when you smile. You can expect to have less dimpling and wrinkling of your chin and a smoother appearance. Adding a filler can change the shape/volume of your chin as well and also superficially spot-treat any areas of dimpling which are not completely eliminated by Botox. The choice of filler and depth of injection will depend on which of these goals you are trying to achieve. It is important to see a specialist for an in-person examination to determine the best combination of treatment. Hope this helps!
Johnson C. Lee, MDPlastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Nonsurgical recontouring of the chin

thank you for your question.  You have very beautiful facial features.  If you would like to change the appearance of your chin when you smile, I would recommend a combination of neuromodulator such as Botox and soft tissue fillers.  I would seek treatment from someone who is highly experienced in treating this area as use of the product incorrectly could upset your facial aesthetics.  Best of luck.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox in Chin

A small amount of botox placed in the chin will reduce chin dimpling.  Adding a filler like Juvederm will help to contour the chin and jaw line making it smoother.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox and filler injection to the chin

Great question. You have beautiful features in your lower face. That being said, Botox and fillers can be used in combination to contour the chin. I often suggest patients consider trying out their "new" chin with injectables to see if they like the result before getting a more permanent chin implant. If they like how their chin looks after injection with fillers then they can consider an implant.

Chin Correction

A small amount of Botox and Juvederm into the chin would help correct the wrinkles.  This is an advanced technique to please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox and Results -- Chin

You can use botox to help the pebbling and softness of the chin but squaring the jaw needs fillers or implants. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox for the chin and jawline

Thank you for your question KatieWrenBird. Botox is an outstanding treatment for various concerns in the face. A small amount of Botox can be used in the mentalis muscle on the chin to improve dimpling or an orange peel appearance that is sometimes seen there. When injected into the masseter muscle in the lower face, it can relax that muscle and decrease the volume there providing a heart shaped appearance to the face instead of a square shape. This is a larger muscle and higher doses are required here. Botox can also be used along the jawline in a treatment called the Nefertiti lift. The Botox is used to relax the platysma muscle in the neck which pulls down on the jawline. Fillers in the upper cheeks can be used for lifting and providing a youthful apple of the cheek; this also pulls the skin up and improves jawline definition and jowls. Please consult with a doctor for specific advice. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox For Pebble Chin And Fillers For Contouring

Thank you for your question and for sharing your excellent photographs.  Based on your photographs, a combination of Botox and a filler such as Juvederm would nicely address your concerns.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Best wishes!