3 sessions of laser hair removal: Hair is growing back faster and thicker now. Is that normal?

I had great results after the first 2 sessions and notice that after the third the hair is growing back faster and thicker. Could that be because of the hair cycle? I also went to a different person for the 3rd session and the session was a lot faster in length which I am now worried about.... Eek! Thank you :)

Hair is growing back faster and thicker

Laser hair removal is done in a series of treatments. It is possible that results you are experiencing now are because of the change in physician. I recommend seeing your treating physician and expressing your concerns. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Hair is thicker and growing faster after laser treatment

This would be unusual, particularly if soon after the treatment. In a very small minority of patients there is something called paradoxical hair growth. This is usually seen in the mediterranean skin types. Also, hair removal on the face, arms, neck can do this because the hairs are very fine. I don't use LHR on fine hairs, it's not very successful and has the risk stated above.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Worried about laser hair removal

It always takes a series of treatments for Laser Hair Removal and is dependent on each individual. It may be the change in practitioner/laser. Diode lasers are typically the best treatment for laser hair removal.  I typically have patients do every 4 weeks for the first 3 times and then every 4-6 weeks for 3 times after. See an expert in laser hair removal for best results. Best, Dr. Emer.