Pimple with pus in lasered bikini area - soprano alma laser.

I noticed what seemed to be a small pimple / bump in my bikini area before my first laser hair removal treatment with soprano alma laser. Its happened before but usually clears up. It's now 3 weeks since treatment and the bump appears a little bigger with puss. Do I go ahead with next treatment (in a week)? Should I treat it with something or attempt to pop it (is the latter even an option!). Please advise.

Bump persisting after laser

It could be ingrown hair, that could have got infected. Might need antibiotics by mouth and sometimes steroid injection to the lesion for it to clear up Please follow up with your doctor.

Edison Physician

Don't pop it--See your Doctor for treatment

This is might be caused by irritation of the hair follicles in the treated area and may be easily treated with a mild cortisone preparation. It also could be an ingrown hair. I suggest contacting your Dr and having it evaluated. Best, Dr. Emer

Laser hair removal

Sounds like an ingrown hair.  Do not "pop it" on your own.  See your provider and have them assess it for treatment before your next scheduled laser hair removal session.  

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

Pustule after laser hair removal

I would discuss with your provider. I would extract it. It could be an ingrown hair. It is best for the office to do this for you.

Steven F. Weiner, MD