A plastic surgeon that specializes in belly button revision/umbilicoplasty?

I want to find a doctor that specializes in belly button revisions. My outie belly button is sagging after four children. I have a very minimal amount of loose skin above my belly button. I plastic surgeon examined me and recommended an umbilicoplasty. Do all plastic surgeons specialize in umbilicoplasties since they do a lot of work in the midriff area? If not, what do I ask/look for in a plastic surgeon to find the best surgeon possible for this procedure?

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes.

I did an umbilicoplasty a couple of days ago, and I perform hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Every plastic surgeon will have a different skill set, but umbilicoplasty is fairly straightforward.