I Plan to Have a TT in the Next 3 Mos. What Questions Should I Ask Plastic Surgeons During the Consultations?

I Plan to Have a TT in the Next 3 Mos. What Questions Should I Ask Plastic Surgeons During the Consultations? If I ask "will drains be used after surgery". What answer am I looking? What do I want? Thanks again. :)

Questions to Asks Regarding a Tummy Tuck

The questions you should ask are the
questions you should ask with any cosmetic procedure. I recommend going into a consultation with a
list of questions that you would want answered and if they not addressed in the
consultation then you should ask them.A
good consultation will answer most if not all of those questions.

In general, you should ask about complications
including bleeding, blood clots, infection, wound healing, scarring and
numbness.Ask about the results that you
can expect. In addition, ask about your recovery and if they use drains.The NO Drain, rapid recovery technique will
help you get going a lot faster and reduce many of the complications that are
involved with a tummy tuck.

I have added a web link for you that
may help as it has a video that explains rapid recovery.  I have also added a tummy tuck testimonial video for you here as well.
I hope that helps.

Best regards.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The questions you should ask are the
consultation then you should ask them.A

numbness.Ask about the results that you
involved with a tummy tuck.

I have added a web link for you that
I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Finding the best tummy tuck surgeon for you

Finding the ideal surgeon can be confusing. Carefully check the credentials of any plastic surgeon you are considering.  As you look at photos, avoid plastic surgeons who leave patients with scars around the belly button, or who don't have a lot of photos to view. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Planning a tummy tuck

Hello, raginrican. First and foremost, it is very important to be certain that your surgeon is registered with the American Board of Plastic Surgery, which is something you can ascertain prior to attending your consultation. It’s always beneficial to do your research beforehand, such as reading independent patient testimonials (not just the reviews on the surgeon’s own website). With regards to questions to ask during the consultation, I’d suggest that you ask to have a look at both before and after photographs of other tummy tucks – especially if they have any cases that might have had a similar ‘before’ to your current; request that they fully explain the procedure, a surgical plan and followup care for your recovery, including risks as well as benefits; and ask about the facility in which your surgery will be carried out. There is no harm in writing down any additional questions you wish to have answered, just in case your mind goes blank at the crucial moment! Best wishes. 

Demetrius Evriviades, MS, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Planning a tummy tuck

Demetrius Evriviades, MS, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

There are many

A tummy tuck is a procedure that improves the abdominal contour.  Some of the questions you need to ask are as follows:

How many tummy tucks do you perform?

What is my recovery time?

Do you use drains in my case and why?

What are the risks of the surgery?

Can you show me pre and post op photos that you have personally performed?

What type of anesthesia will I get?

Any other questions you have you need to ask the plastic surgeon. He or she should be open to answering any questions you might have.

There are many

How many tummy tucks do you perform?

What is my recovery time?

Do you use drains in my case and why?

What are the risks of the surgery?

What type of anesthesia will I get?

Planning Your Tummy Tuck Surgery

All of these are great questions.  The board certification of the surgeon as well as where the surgery is performed are probably 2 of the most important questions you can ask.  Ask to see many examples of the surgeon's work and ask to speak with other patients who have had this procedure performed.

The consultation should walk you through the process and questions may arise as the office staff / surgeon are reviewing the surgery with you.

Good Luck!

Planning Your Tummy Tuck Surgery

Good Luck!

Questions to ask during Tummy Tuck Consultation

Dear Raginrican,

As a candidate for Tummy Tuck, I am sure that you have done your homework researching and reading about the procedure.

During the consultation, a board certified plastic surgeon of ample experience will guide you well to make an informed decision. Often patients find themselves asking the right questions during consultations without planning in advance.

Nonetheless, I encourage any plastic surgery candidate to consider the following advises:

1. Make sure to get the special accommodations required for after the surgery ready before the due date.

2. Disclose all medical information with your surgeons; hiding even the insignificant ones could complicate the surgery and increase the risks of the surgery.

3. Ask about the post-surgical ambulation and nutrition requirements to optimize the healing hence the results

4. Make sure that surgical center where you will have your operation is fully accredited.

5. Note the time required for you to resume your normal daily activities and share future plans with your surgeon (like having children).

Thank you for your questions.

Dr. Sajjadian

Dear Raginrican,

Thank you for your questions.

Dr. Sajjadian

Questions to ask your plastic surgeon about tummy tuck surgery

Asking about board certification by the ABPS is important, but you should be able to determine that information before your consultation. I would want to know about the accreditation of the operating facility as others have suggested. Ask about the surgeon's policy for dealing with complications. If he/she says complications don't happen, he/she is not being straightforward with you. Ask about DVT prophylaxis. I rarely use Lovenox in my practice, but do think that it should be discussed. Ask about drains. I spent the first 9 years of operating using drains with great results, but have been as equally effective without drains in the last year. I think that most patients are completely safe to go home immediately after an abdominoplasty, but other surgeons have a different opinion. It would be nice to know where you will be recovering. Ask to see before and after photos. Ask to be able to talk with several recent patients about the procedure and their experience with the practice. These are just a few thoughts to consider. 

Questions before a Tummy Tuck

Here are some questions that you should ask before having tummy tuck surgery:

1. Is the doctor board certified in PLASTIC SURGERY?

2. Where is the procedure done at and will you spend the night or go home the same day?

3. As the patient, do I want to have any more children?

4. Are you a good candidate for surgery? i.e. At a comfortable weight, healthy and have the proper help at home to recover.

5. How long would you need off from work?

6. Will you acheive resonable results that you desire?

These are just a few question to begin with at your consultations. I recommend visiting with a few doctors before making your final decision. Good luck!

Questions before a Tummy Tuck

What Questions to ask your PS before a TT?

1. Are you a board certified PS?

2. How many do you do a year?

3. How many drains/do you use drains?

4. Do you have any pictures or #s of previous patients?

Make sure you click with your PS and feel comfortable with him! Good luck

1. Are you a board certified PS?

2. How many do you do a year?

3. How many drains/do you use drains?

TT is a wonderful operation with wonderfull results/ la cirugia de TT es una operacion maravillosa con resultados maravillosos

ask to your surgeon: 1.-how long would i stay into the hospital, 2.- how long should i require to get along with my normal life 3.-what kind of lab tests should i requiere 4.-what ammount of ferrum orally should i ingest every day for preparation 5.- how much overweight is it the maximum to be acccepeted 6.- should i have venous varices 7.- should i  have any anti pregnant treatmernt.

preguntale a tu cirujano  cuantos dias  necesitarias estar en el hospital, cuantos dias hasta tu recuperacion completa,que clase de  analisis  deberia de tener ,que cantidad  de hierro oral deberia ingerir como preparacion,cuanto es el limite  maximo de sobrepeso que deberia de tener ,que pasa si tengo varices en las piernas, que pasa si estoy bajo tratamiento anticonceptivo

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon