How much would it cost to trim some extra skin off of my earlobes? (photos)

I have my ears gauged up to an inch almost and I blew them out a while back and they've healed already but they are very fat at the bottom of the love and don't look quite right. I was curious if you would be able to make them a bit thinner without causing me not to be able to size up anymore. I'd like to go bigger later on but I don't want them looking bad. Any ideas on what you could do and how much it would cost me to have them fixed?

Earlobe repair

Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon as pricing varies from surgeon to surgeon. Price can range from $400-$800. You will be able to re-pierce your ears 2 months after you have the earlobe repair done. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery

San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #earloberepair

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

How much would it cost to trim some extra skin off of my earlobes?

The repair of the stretched ear lobe is a great procedure that can restore the ear lobe to a “normal” appearance". Care must be taken during this procedure to avoid reducing the size of the air and/or creating a notch/ depressed appearance in the area of the rim of the ear lobe. It is usually done under local anesthesia with very high patient satisfaction rates. Re piercing can be done, preferably in a spot away from the scar line, a few months down the line. Costs vary from practice to practice (500-$1000 in our practice).
I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Trimming ear lobes

If you plan to keep expanding, I would not alter them.  The extra skin that you have now will stretch when you upsize.  If you trim it, the scar tissue will be firm, won't stretch as well, and won't be as strong.
Best of luckDr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Gauged earlobes

I would refrain from surgically reducing the lower portion of the earlobe if you plan on further expanding.   Scar tissue only reaches about 80% of the strength of normal skin.   So you will be at risk for this thinning to the point that you have a full tear through the tissue.   If you ever decide to have your gauged ears reconstructed, remove the gauges for 1-3 months to allow for the tissue to relax.  This will allow your plastic surgeon to achieve the best results.  Best of luck.

Jacob Bloom, MD

Earlobes

The earlobes can be reconstructed when the gauges are removed. I often have patients remove them for a few weeks to allow them to shrink a bit before reconstructing them.