Tingling that is spreading after CoolSculpting, is this any cause for concern?

CoolSculpting on arms, now I'm having tingling that is spreading and having trouble using my left hand I feel like the applicator on my left arm hit a nerve so it was not placed correctly. I am having trouble using my left hand to pick up objects or drive etc. I have had Constant tingling that is now spreading down into legs and feet. I also have some burning feeling that comes and goes and am still numb. I went to doctorand he gave nerve pain med. I am 1 week out. Is any of this cause for concern?

Tingling and numbness post CoolSculpting treatment

Numbness and tingling in the area treated is common after CoolSculpting treatments. It rarely would be likely to cause gripping problems, but that could indicate some temporary involvement in Ulnar nerve impulses. This should only last a short time. CoolSculpting does not cause similar symptoms in other areas that have not been treated. If it persists in your lower extremities see a Neurologist. Something else is causing it. Best Wishes, Maurice Vick MD

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Numbness and difficulty with using hand after Coolsculpting

Although I have never heard or seen of this complication, I can perhaps help you. I believe that the possibly the ulnar nerve was injured. As with treatments in other areas, the nerve won't be permanently impaired but it may take several weeks to improve. I have no idea why it is affecting your lower extremities. You might want to see a neurologist to make sure there is not other problems which might be happening coincidentally. The arms are an exciting new area approved for Coolsculpting and a new Petite Handpiece is going to be used for this. We have been treating arms for years with the other handpieces and never had a problem like this. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Steven F. Weiner, MD