Is it okay to take human growth hormone after CoolSculpting treatments? Can this affect the benefits of CoolSculpting?

Coolsculpting

There is no research available to show how taking HGH will alter Cool Sculpting results..  

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

HGH after Cool Sculpting

There is no documented studies on this particular question but I would ask your personal physician about your question. Best of Luck 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Growth Hormone Post CoolSculpting

The affect of growth hormone (HGH) is not studied with the use of CoolSculpting, therefore it is unknown. Growth hormone however does affect fat and redistribution, so it is important to seek advise from a doctor prior to taking it.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

HGH

There is no known contraindication to the use of HGH following Coolsculpting™.  However, because there may be residual swelling in the area of Coolsculpting™ then I would choose an injection site away from the treated area.

CS effects after HGH

Hi hellosunsoon.  While there are no specific studies I am aware of looking at the immediate or short term effects of HGH after CS treatments, you will likely not maintain the shaping achieved as all the tissues in your body will be growing and your proportions will shift.  The contouring achieved by eliminating fat with CS may be replaced/reversed by the remaining fat expanding, and as weight gain continues with HGH, then new fat cells will be generated.  It is not possible to predict where the new fat cells will deposit.  Be sure to consult with your physician overseeing your CS treatments for guidance.  Best wishes,

HGH and Coolsculpting

I am not aware of any interaction between these 2. I do know that HGH does affect fat and it can cause redistribution of the fat. The short term results of the Coolsculpting shouldn't be affected. Please be aware of the long term complications of taking HGH...it is not completely benign.

Steven F. Weiner, MD