Can I get Coolsculpting after a Tummy Tuck?

Can coolsculpt be done after having a tummy tuck? I had the tummy tuck 16 years ago and Smart lipo 6 years ago.

COol Scul

Since your surgeries were so long ago it is worth a in person consultation to seek your options. We treat many clients years out from surgery and it all depends on the area and how it presents. An excellent center would give you an honest opinion on if cool sculpting can achieve your current goals. Best of Luck 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting After an Abdominoplasty

Thank you very much for your question. CoolSculpting can be safe and effective for eliminating isolated fatty deposits, following a tummy tuck or Smart Lipo procedure. I suggest that you schedule an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, experienced in CoolSculpting, to further discuss the procedure. He/she can explain your options and determine if you are a good candidate for the CoolSculpting technique.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

CoolSculpting Post Tummy Tuck

Absolutely! CoolSculpting can be done after a tummy tuck. I would wait until the surgical scar is completely healed before starting CoolSculpting treatments. In general there are very little contradictions to this non-invasive procedure to reduce excess fat.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting after tummy tuck

Yes, CoolSculpting can be done after a tummy tuck procedure. CoolSculpting is a safe and effective treatment for fat reduction and body contouring. It one of the most popular non-surgical body contouring procedures available today. Good luck!

Coolsculpting after tummy tuck

Provided that you are otherwise healthy and provided that you have regained some fat and laxity to the skin, you should be able to do coolsculpting after your tummy tuck.  I saw that you live in Dallas.  We would love to see if we could help you in our Southlake office.  Good luck!

Coolsculpting after a Tummy Tuck

Coolsculpting is excellent for non-invasive permanent fat removal. There is no limit on how many procedures you can have done. With the first treatment 25% of fat cells are killed and excreted from the body. Your best option is to see a doctor who performs the procedure and discuss further details with them. Best of luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Coolsculpting after tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  Yes, you can absolutely have Coolsculpting after a tummy tuck procedure.   I suggest you consult with a provider with a good deal of experience in the procedure, preferably one who has attended the Coolsculpting University training course.  Hope this helps!

Thank you for your question. Yes you can. Please speak to a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in CoolSculpting. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting after tummy tuck

As long as you have excess fat that can be drawn into the applicator, then you should be a great candidate for Coolsculpting.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. It is important to be evaluated in person to see if you are a good candidate for this procedure. From the information you have provided, there are no contraindication.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD