PicoSure Laser - Skin Rejuvenation: is it a good option?
Doctor Answers 11
Picosure for skin rejuvenation
The only concern we would have with the Picosure is the cost. Because the laser sells for almost $300,000 the procedures offered with it tend to be a bit over-priced as well.
To see examples of before and after pictures of our laser toning patients in Orange County, CA click on the link below.
PicoSure Focus Skin Rejuvenation- the new Gold Standard
PicoSure Focus is considered an amazing skin rejuvenation treatment and is gaining popularity steadily due to it's outstanding results in combination with minimal downtime. I call it a Rolls Royce of laser treatments. I also believe that it will slowly replace fractional laser resurfacing treatments in the next 5 years. It is the only laser that stimulates collagen and elastin production resulting in decrease of fine wrinkles and lines and has skin tightening effect. Not to mention the ability to remove pigmentation issues like sun spots, melasma and acne scars with virtually no downtime. Because the laser works deep under skin surface, there is no visible skin damage except for mild redness after the treatment which my patients cover up immediately after their treatment and return to their regular activities. The redness may stay from 20 min up to 24 hours. There is less peeling and skin slogging as well as the goal of the laser treatment is to rebuild strong skin texture rather than burning the top layer of the skin off. It's a very effective treatment for the right candidate and it requites a series of 4 treatments 4 weeks apart. Hope this helps. Best, Dr.Avaliani
You might also like...
Picosure Skin Rejuvenation
The Picosure is an excellent choice for your skin rejuvenation. It has very little down time, has very few side effects, and has FDA indications for all skin types.
Picosure Focus Lens
Picosure Focus Lens is a great option to treat pigmentation and to stimulate elastic and collagen in the skin (to treat fine lines and wrinkles). It is important to sun protect prior to treatment and post treatment. The downtime is minimal post treatment. We typically recommend 3-6 treatments every 4-6 weeks depending on the level of improvement desired and the baseline state of the skin.
PicoSure for Facial Rejuvenation using the Focus Lens Array
Picosure vs. other lasers for Facial Rejuvenation
All my best to you.
The Picosure laser with the Focus hand piece is different than other lasers because it has a pulse that is 100x faster than any other laser and the Focus takes that pulse and intensifies 10% into very small beams while the other 90% gently treats the remaining skin. This allows for very high energy to be used without damaging the tissues.
It can be used on most skin types. If you're concerned, have your Dermatologist do a test spot behind your sideburn hair in front of your ear to see what it's like.
FYI, in our office, most people get 2-4 treatments spaced 2-4 weeks apart and costs are similar to other rejuvenation treatments. We don't charge a premium just because the laser costs more.
The best laser for skin rejuvenation depends on a number of factors
While PicoSure can be a good option for skin rejuvenation in the right candidate, an in-person consultation is necessary to properly evaluate your skin and come up with the best treatment plan for you. “Skin rejuvenation” is a vague term, and more information about your skin issues and desired goals is needed in order to determine which laser is right for you. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist with an array of different lasers (not just one which is applied to multiple conditions) for an evaluation and custom treatment plan. Good luck!
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.