PicoSure Laser for Quicker Tattoo Removal?

Can the amount of Treatments and Time be reduced? Have heard there is a new cynosure pico tattoo removal laser that is supposed to remove tattoos in 3 treatments or so, and also is really good at removing colors. Also wondering if this is true, and if so where the providers of this laser are located? What is the average cost of treatment for my size of tattoo? After 6 treatments there is some scar tissue from the tattoo. It looks blue at this time but was previously black. Thanks so much in advance!

Black ink to blue ink...

Black ink on white skin often looks gray so tattoo artists often mix in blue ink to give the tattoo a darker look. I believe that is what happened in your case. Since you just have blue ink remaining your best bet is to get treatment with a Ruby laser as it is wdiely acknowledged as the best treatment for blue ink. God luck!

Manhattan Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

PicoWay Plus Q Switched Laser for Treatment of all Colors of Tattoos

At this moment, there is not a single laser that is able to effectively treat every color. Pico technology is definitely the fastest, safest, most comfortable and most effective. However, both the PicoWave and the PicoSure have some limitations. In our laser center, we use two tattoo removal systems at no extra cost to the client. The combination of the PicoWay laser and the QSwitched laser can address all colors and provides the most effective clearance.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

PicoSure results

We have been seeing excellent results with the PicoSure laser at our practice. For professional tattoos, three or four treatments are generally required and for amateur tattoos, a little less. Treatments with the PicoSure clear the tattoo much more quickly, often twice as quick as the old device. But that’s a ballpark, it depends on the patient. If you have red tattoo ink, PicoSure won’t work. Yellow is difficult as well. That’s when you need a 532 device to treat the tattoo. You see the most dramatic improvement in green, blue and purple inks that were previously very difficult to treat. Now, you often get rid of them in one to two treatments. It’s incredible. A lot of my patients have been treated for years with older types of lasers and all of a sudden, with one treatment, everything is gone. We have also been seeing some intriguing results with scaring from past tattoo removal treatments. In the process of treating their tattoo, their past scarring also smoothing out. We offer this treatment at our office and we are pricing PicoSure treatments about 25% higher than treatments with our other devices. With the decrease in the number of treatments required to clear the tattoo, this generally results in a savings to the patient over the course of the clearing their tattoo.

Emil A. Tanghetti, MD
Sacramento Dermatologist

Previously treated tattoos still take several picosure treatments

We are having excellent results from our Picosure but previously treated tattoos like yours take deeper settings than untreated tattoos and still take multiple treatments.  It seems the scar tissue from previous treatments gets in the way.  I was treating a tattoo that had both untreated and previously treated areas and the untreated areas blanched significantly while the previously treated areas had much less blanching.  The treatments are more expensive but for untreated tattoos, the first treatment reduces the ink by at least 40 % whereas the old treatments took several treatments to see any change at all.  You may spend more money but you will spend less time!

Rutledge Forney, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

PicoSure is Better

The new PicoSure Laser from CynoSure is better at removing blue ink because it uses photo-mechanical principles as opposed to relying on photo-thermal action alone.  Older lasers simply heat up the target area to break up the tattoo ink but pico-second technology takes advantage of photo-mechanical impact/stress to shatter ink into the smallest of particles.  This results in lower energy requirements for removal, less collateral damage, better clearance and fewer treatments.  In my office, Cost is based on tattoo size and our consultations are free.  There are only 15 PicoSure lasers worldwide.  My practice, Hall Plastic Surgery & Rejuvenation Center in Austin, Texas is one of the first to offer this service and my staff have been personally trained by CynoSure on the procedure.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Tattoo Removal

You would be a great candidate for the Alex Trivantage laser. This laser is the only one on the market that can target colors.  The multiple wave lengths can target all the colors in the tattoo with 4-6 sessions.  You should contact a board certified dermatologist as soon as possible.

Time for tattoo removal

The biggest attribute of the PicoSure laser from Cynosure is that it generally takes less treatments to remove a tattoo.  Each treatment may be a bit more expensive than with less effective lasers. 

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

PicoSure results are simply the best

Our office has seen substantial results from PicoSure that have shown better results with fewer sessions.

PicoSure for Tattoo Removal

PicoSure is the newest laser for removing tattoos. It is an advanced technology that allows for greater tattoo clearance with less treatments. 

Some patients responded to only three treatments, but most patients need more. PicoSure is able to more effectively clear blue and green inks, as it delivers a pulse of light 100 times faster than previous lasers. 

The cost of PicoSure treatments will vary across the country. You should expect to pay few hundred dollars.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Picosure works

PicoSure is an amazing new machine.  I am finding it to do a great job breaking down ink on some patients who I failed to remove their tattoo completely with other lasers despite many treatments.  Different docs have different preferences but I like this one.  Good luck!