What can help for swelling after Tickle lipo? (Photo)

How can I decrease swelling after tickle lipo ? I'm 12 days post op and I feel like my abdomen is as hard as a rock. I wear my compression garment 23 hrs a day. Is there anything that can help for faster healing.

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

It is very common to have bruising and swelling for weeks to months after liposuction procedures. What is most important is that you follow your surgeons post operative instructions and continue compression. If you are concerned, lymphatic massage and Velashape or Venus Legacy treatments can be used to improve the swelling and help the skin tighten. My patients start treatments right away and it improves the long term results. Speak to your physician if you are concerned. Best, Dr. Emer.

Post op swelling

Thanks for the question. You will have significant swelling 6 weeks after surgery, continue to wear your compression garment and follow your surgeons post op instructions.

Dr. Results

Swelling after liposuction

Thank you for your question about your liposuctin.

• Swelling is normal after all surgery.
  • Liposuction affects all the tissue under the skin and marked swelling is common.
  • It will subside on its own but it takes weeks.
  • Healing is a body process that cannot be made to go aster.
  • If you feel something is wrong, return to your surgeon to be checked for a seroma. 

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Faster healing

Both arnica and bromelain (found in fresh pineapple) are natural supplements that may reduce inflammation and bruising after surgery.

Tamir Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Rx time

There is no way to speed up healing.

I personally see no reason to manipulate or decrease swelling.

It is a normal part of the healing process, and it's part of a normal inflammatory response that is necessary for healing.

The only intervention that can possibly decrease swelling is taking anti-inflammatory steroids and continue using the pressure garment.

Be patient, and the results will follow.

What you describe is typical.

Follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD