Sloshing noise in right breast.

I had 400CC silicone put in in 2012. I just started hearing a noise in my right breast. It sounds like a water bed type of noise, like liquid slushing around. When i bend over, gently rub it, moving from side to side when I'm laying down. We are in higher altitude so I don't know if that makes a difference. But I can feel it and my husband can hear the noises also.

Not normal

Early after surgery this would be normal.. At this point, it is not.  It needs to be evaluated and may need drainage.

If there are no changes in breast size

you can observe this and realize that its caused by fluid around your implant in your pocket.  Enlarging seromas must be investigated further as to the cause.

Curtis Wong, MD

Sloshing Noise in Breast 4 Years Post Op

Thank you for your question. You have likely developed fluid in the breast implant pocket and this should be investigated with imaging such as ultrasound, then treated. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon to advise you of next steps.
All the best

Noise in my breast years after surgery. Is it normal?

Hi Jenaz2, Thanks for your question. You have a seroma or collection of fluid in your breast. It is possible that part of the scar tissue holding the implant tore and started creating a small fluid build up or serum. You will need to have it remove if it bothers you. Usually depending on how much is there, it may go away on its own or it may not and require an ultrasound to remove it without having formal surgery. See your plastic surgeon sooner rather than later. Good Luck!   All the best, Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS #seroma #breastsurgery Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sloshing noise in right breast

The development of a sloshing noise in the breast years after augmentation with silicone implants is definitely not normal.  While there are several different possible explanations, I would recommend that you follow-up with your surgeon for evaluation.Best wishes.

Craig S. Rock, MD

Noises

Thanks for your question. My suggestion would be to book a follow-up appointment with your operating plastic surgeon. The late development of fluid around the implant or the appearance of any noises may warrant some investigations to ensure that everything is still going well with your breast implants. All the best!

Ian MacArthur, MD, FRCSC
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Sloshing noise with breast implants

Thank you for asking. This is usually (and only ocasionally) found with saline breast implants. It suggests that there is an air-liquid interface present. For a silicone implant that issue doesn't really occur however it's possible there is fluid around the implant. See your PS who should examine you and decide if imaging is needed. Best wishes!

Sloshing noise

Any changes that are noticed in the breasts should be addressed.  I would recommend an examination by your surgeon.  You may need to undergo an ultrasound or mammogram to be able to identify the cause.

Camille Cash, MD