Should I gain weight before Coolsculpting? (photo)

I have been considering Coolsculpting due to a lower abdominal pouch that will not budge. I recently began a strict fitness & food plan I have & it has slimmed out my stomach considerably, but the pouch is still there. Just smaller. This tends to happen every time I am on strict eating plan, but as soon as I break it even slightly or miss a workout, the pooch is back. Should I put back on a bit of weight before the procedure to ensure a good draw by increasing the size of the fat cells?

Weight Gain before Coolsculpting not recommended

Gaining weight prior to a Coolsculpting procedure would not be recommended.  It's great news that you are on a diet and exercise program. I recommend that you get a consultation at an accredited Coolsculpting center to understand how to achieve optimal results from the procedure. 

Weight gain before CoolSculpting

Hi there!
I think gaining weight before Coolsculpting is actually a bad idea.  I had it done myself on my love handles twice... the first time, I had less pull into the machine because my fat was more dense.  The second time, I got a great pull (and more effective treatment) because my fat was less thick. So I think gaining weight prior to Coolsculpting is actually a bad thing to do.  It is a great technology and based on your photos, I think you are a perfect candidate!

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
I would not recommend gaining weight. if it ill fit in the applicator, then you can be treated

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

You should not gain weight before Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is the idea way to lose that pouch! There is no reason for you to gain weight before your treatment.  I would continue with the same diet and exercise program to maintain the great results that you will get from coolsculpting.

Michele S. Green, MD

Weight gain before Coolsculpting

I would not recommend weight gain before the procedure so long as you have some laxity of the lower abdomen.  You could also try the flat applicator that rests on the abdomen so you don't have to worry about drawing in the abdominal tissue if you don't have much laxity.  I would visit a practice that has a significant amount of experience with Coolsculpting and other body contouring solutions such as liposuction/tummy tuck so you can evaluate your options.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Gaining weight to fit the applicator

You should keep you routine now and not gain weight just to fit the applicator. It's hard to tell just by looking at pictures. It's best to go for a consultation to see if an applicator would fit. 

Robert G. Aycock, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Results

I would not suggest any weight gain before coolsculpting and I suggest weight loss after .  However, I think you'll get a better result with hi definintion liposuction/body contouring.  I suggest you see a body contouring expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

No you should not gain weight for CoolSculpting

No you should not gain weight before a Coolsculpting procedure. You should get a consultation to see if you are a good candidate. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD