Eye lift or eyebrow transplant first? I am concerned that having an eye lift after brow transplant will affect results. (Photo)

I’ve been toying with this idea (brow transplant) for almost a decade. I’m ready now because I’m seeing better and better results in the industry. My concern is that at my age (44 this January), I am also showing signs of aging around the eyes. Not excessive, but enough that I am considering an eye lift before it’s as noticeable to everyone around me as it is to me. So my question is, how should I schedule these procedures? Will they impact each other?

Eye Lift or Eyebrow Transplant first?

I would recommend the eye lift first as sometimes that can change the shape of the brow to a certain extent.  Once that is healed you can then consider an eyebrow transplant.  

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Eyebrow Transplant of Bleph first?

I do both of these operations on a very regular basis.  In fact, I think they could easily be done at the same time.  If you wanted to separate them, I would probably recommend the eyelid lift first as there may be a subtle change to the brow position (although general dogma is that a blepharoplasty does not change brow position).  So, the order should not matter.  

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Depends on the doctor

It all depends on the experience and comfort level of the doctor.  They all can be done at the same time.  However, the focus should be on the results.  In other words not all cosmetic surgeons specialize in both eyebrow transplants and brow lifts.  Just because they can do it also does not mean they are great at it.  One doctor may be great at eyebrow surgery but not at brow lifts (or vice versa).  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Eyebrow lift or hair transplant to eyebrow which comes first.

I have done growl lifting for 35 years and think it is one of the best procedures that one can have. Having said that I don't think the time is right for you to have the since your browl position looks good and you do not look sad or tired. Have the eyebrow transplant  and when you need a brow lift it can be done by an experienced brow lift surgeon.  If the pictures you have submitted do not show an accurate position of your eyebrows and you are holding them up in the picture then I would need to do an examination to determine this.

Lid lift BEFORE Eyebrow Transplant

Hello!  Thanks for taking the time to write!

Getting blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) before a brow transplant is usually the way to go.  A good brow transplant can hide scars if there are any and can also be tailored to meet the needs of the post-lid lift look!  One final point is that any disruption to the blood supply around the eye during lid surgery might affect the brow hair growth, so brow restoration should happen after.

On a final note, choose a surgeon who has done a lot of brows because with your distinctive features you will want the brows to look subtle and natural.  Minoxidil and other brow conditioners like RevitaBrow can also help with growth before and after any procedure (and they don't pay me to say that!)  Remember it takes 6-12 months for full results, and good luck!

Cheers!
Sara

Sara Wasserbauer, MD
Walnut Creek Hair Restoration Surgeon