is it true that dermaroller can treat old scars and stretch marks?

i need to know bacause im so frustrated with my scars

Microneedling for Acne Scars and Stretch Marks

Microneedling is an exciting new way to treat acne scars, old scars, and stretch marks.  By going deeper than we can with a laser (up to 2.5 mm) with the microneedling pen, we are promoting an inflammatory / healing response which gives us collagen production.  I use the CosmoPen which is one of the newer generation microneedling pens.  I have found that it takes about 5-10 treatments to effectively treat acne scars, old scars, and stretch marks. Fortunately you can perform microneedling safely on any skin type and there is only 1-2 days of redness even after deep procedures.  It is also generally a lot more affordable than laser treatments.  

Dermaroller for old scars and strech marks

Yes, repeated Dermaroller® treatments, or micro needling can be very effective in treating scars and stretch marks by enhancing collagen growth in treated areas. Obviously, the older the scars or stretch marks are, the more treatments are needed to achieve results.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Dermaroller effectiveness

Acne scars are some of the most difficult issues to treat.  Medical roll-cit can help improve older acne scars.  The limitation for most scars is the amount of fibrosis involved.  Most patients have a variety of types of acne scars and as such 1 single treatment will likely not be effective but a series of various treatments offers the best chance of improvement.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon