Burned Skin after Chemical Peel. What to do after? (photos)

Hi. My knees have been the darkest part of my skin. I looked for treatments that would make it even and I've tried yellow peeling oil. It felt fine for the first three days and I wore dresses. Then on the fourth (done applying the oil) it started to become really itchy. I applied Hydrocortisone cream before I slept and when I woke up, my knees are too red. I thought it will go away once peeling has finished but no! It's still red as scarlet. Is this still normal? What should I do?

Need prescription cream

See a dermatolgsit for prescription cream for chemical burn. Do not use any other peeling products to prevent any further damage. A board certified Dermatolgist will prescribe prescription strength steroid cream.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Chemical Peel

I would recommend you go to a board certified dermatologist to be evaluated and prescribed ointments to help you with the healing process.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Burn from self peel

Please consult a board certified dermatologist as it seems you have a burn that would require the correct wound care.  Best, Dr. Green