Can my labiaplasty be fixed? My right labia healed/fused to my skin.

I noticed a few days ago that the bottom half of my right labia healed to my skin. I do have excess skin there as well, but my Obgyn would not remove it. I can see the outline of my labia, but it feels like one piece of skin. A small portion of the bottom left labia looks to have healed to my skin as well. I wasn't expecting perfection from my Obgyn, but I feel like he really botched my labiaplasty. I went to his office yesterday, and he said I should not worry everything was completely fine.

Can My Labiaplasty Be Fixed?

Thank you for posting your labiaplasty photos with your question. After reviewing  your photographs, some asymmetry and scalloping of the edges of your labia minora is evident. If this persists after 3 months, it can be revised. The symmetry can be improved and the edges will be neater without the scalloping. This can be accomplished under local anesthesia. I recommend that you return to your surgeon or have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with labiaplsty. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Can my labiaplasty be fixed?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your current results have not been what you anticipated.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination to assess your tissues and see where skin attachment issues exist it does appear that too much tisssue was removed from the lower portion of your labia and that large caliber suture was used to close your incisions leading to your current edge appearance.  I would allow your results to mature for 3-6 months and then see a labiaplasty surgeon for a possible revision.  Best wishes. 

Botched labiaplasty needs fixing

It appears that too much tissue was removed from the posterior of the left labium and that you have very prominent scalloping along the entire scar on both sides. A scar release would improve the definition of the lateral border of the left side, but that's about it. Since the scalloping is severe, attempts to reduce it would result in a significant loss of your remaining labial tissue. You need to decide what degree of improvement you want.

It seems that your labiaplasty can be revised since your previous doctor left some extra skin. You would need to use the trim method to get rid of the current scar.  Be sure to choose a Board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in Labiaplasty. This is an important fact to remember when choosing a surgeon.

John G. Hunter, MD