Urgent advice on African American rhinoplasty now that I have the funds ready (Photo)

Hello Drs Can anybody just tell me what procedure i will need just by looking at my nose? I have hated my nose since i was a teenager and now i in my 30s with a good job and have saved up tge money for it. I am still shopping around for who i think will do the best without givig me a fake look. I want my nostrils reduced first off. I dont want a caucasuan nose just something 2 fit my face, enhnace my looks thats all. Any recommendations The proble

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. You touch on an important point with the nose - the symmetry of the nose and the proportion to the face are two key characteristics that define the aesthetic beauty of the nose. Please keep in mind that the nose is an individual characteristic which will allow your surgeon to preserve your natural aesthetic appeal. I suggest that you move forward to consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

A

Hi,

The best way to visualize potential results from a rhinoplasty is get computer imaging performed by several surgeons that perform African American Rhinoplasty. You should also look at the surgeons and before and afters and try to find one that has results you really like. Its imperitive to find a good surgeon that does African American rhinoplasty routinely as this will avoid revision surgery in the future. Feel free to send your pictures for computer imaging.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty that increases tip projection and refines it as well, reduces the nostril width and dorsal width, and contours your bridge would be indicated.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Rhinoplasty for the African American Patient

The goal of rhinoplasty is always to have a nose that fits your face.  African Americans are diverse in their heritage and as such within our culture there are a variety of different noses.  It is hard to tell from the picture but it appears that you have a slight hump and a bulbous tip.  Reduction of the hump slightly and narrowing the tip slightly will give a softening of the appearance.  Due to the thickness of the skin, the tip will still appear somewhat rounded after the surgery which helps with the natural appearance.  Reduction of the nostril width will help with proportionality as well and can be better assessed with visualization of the entire face.

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD, FACS
Bethesda Facial Plastic Surgeon

African-American rhino

Hello and thank you for your question. Finding an experienced ethnic rhinoplasty surgeon is very important for your care. From your photograph it appears that you would benefit from a nasal tip reduction  by removal of some of the bulk of the nasal tip as well as   cartilage removal. You would also need your tip to be modified with cartilage graft. An alar base reduction (Nostril modification) is Paramount for an ideal cosmetic appearance while maintaining ethnic balance.  Have a consultation with an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon when you're ready To take the next step.
Good luck
DrBurnett#realself100

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for sharing your photographs. You are similar to many people of color seeking an ethnic rhinoplasty. In ethnic noses the skin is often thick and fatty at the tip. This makes it hard to visualize the underlying cartilage structure. The nasal bones are also wide and flat. This leads to the under-projecting dorsum on the profile view. Your alar bases are also wide which makes the nostrils flare. It is possible to achieve a good result with an ethnic rhinoplasty. Cartilage can be used to build up your nasal tip to give it more refinement. The dorsum would also need to be augmented to provide more definition. Excision of the alar bases will reduce the flare of the nostrils. It is important to find a surgeon with experience in ethnic rhinoplasty in order to achieve a balanced result.  Best Wishes Theodore T. Nyame MD  Harvard Trained Plastic Surgeon

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician