Can a "white nose" rhinoplasty surgery be done on a black person? (Photo)

Is it possible for a black person to have surgery that will make their nose smaller and thinner. I have a medium sized nose but I want it to be more pointed and smaller. I do not want to post my own picture for privacy reasons but I have included pictures of celebrities that have a similar nose as mine. Could I realistically get a more "European'" looking nose without the nose job looking 'fake'?

Black Rhinoplasty

Hi,

Yes it is possible to achieve this by choosing the right surgeon.The best way to visualize potential results from a rhinoplasty is get computer imaging performed by several surgeons that perform African American Rhinoplasty. You should also look at the surgeons and before and afters and try to find one that has results you really like. Its imperitive to find a good surgeon that does African American rhinoplasty routinely as this will avoid revision surgery in the future.

Dr.S.

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello. Thank you for your question. It is possible to receive rhinoplasty for a smaller and more refined nose. However, it depends on the thickness of your skin and the anatomy of your nose that you already have. Results vary and you should seek consultation from a board-certified surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty or have produced great results and reviews. I wish you the best of luck!

Peter Newen, MD

Ethnic rhino

The results of a rhinoplasty on a patient of color can vary depending upon the thickness of the skin and the underlying cartilage. Accordingly multiple grafts are actually needed to make the tip appear "smaller". The noses that you have selected can certainly be refined and improved however an online consultation is inappropriate for decision making.  See a BCPS with experience in African American rhinoplasty.  
Good luck to you. 
DrBurnett#realself100

African American Rhinoplasty

It is common for African Americans undergoing a rhinoplasty to request a smaller and more defined tip.  This is common accomplished by a combination of the following maneuvers: 1)  Thinning the thick nasal skin/soft tissue 2)  Projecting or making the nose come farther out from the face 3)  Reshaping and supporting the cartilage foundation of the tip of the nose 4)  Removing tissue to make the nostrils smallerThe degree of refinement will depend on the thickness of your skin.  This is the best answer considering you are not able to post pictures.  I hope this helps.  

White nose rhinoplasty on Black nose

Hi,Great question.  The answer is "depends." Depends on YOUR skin thickness.  If you have EXTREMELY thick skin then its not possible but the pictures of celebs you posted none have very thick skin so a more european nose is possible on them.  But there is no such thing as a white nose rhinoplasty or black nose rhinoplasty.  Its just rhinoplasty and each rhinoplasty is different and unique.  The end result of what you want is possible depending on your starting nose and anatomy.  So it depends.  

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic nose

kaedy, almost anything is possible but without being examined the probability of achieving what you desire is simply a guess and nothing more. See an experienced surgeon that is board certified and specializes in "only faces". Look for a lot of good photos. See the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon