Impact of Alcohol on Ultrashape?

Thoughts on impact? Generally, I eat clean and drink little. But I had my 3rd treatment on thighs yesterday and had a few drinks and heavy meal with friends last night. My doctor didn't give specific post-procedure instructions or warn against use. I had great results from a series of 3 treatments on my abdomen and my first 2 on thighs. I think I may have had some alcohol or a heavy meal within the first few days of some of those. So I guess not TOO worried...Still I wish I had been warned...

Alcohol and Ultrashape

Thanks for your question.Typically, I recommend that patients are well hydrated prior to their sessions and to minimize both caffeine and alcohol.However, some mild to moderate amount of alcohol probably will not affect your overall results.I hope this helps.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Ultrashape and the use of alcohol

Thanks for your inquiry.If you had a mild to moderate amount of alcohol the night before, it should not affect your overall results.I generally recommend to my patients to be as hydrated as possible before their procedure and minimize caffeine and alcohol intake.Certainly, you should not have an Ultrashape treatment just after you have consumed alcohol.I hope this helps.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Ultrashape and alcohol

I advise my patients to stay away from alcohol for 2-3 days after an Ultrashape treatment. Drinking will conflict with the livers role in the treatment process and may interfere with the Ultrashape treatment.

Norman M. Rowe, MD

Impact of alcohol with Ultrashape

Thank you for your question. When having Ultrashape treatments it is recommend to not drink alcohol 72 before and after your treatment. The reason for not drinking pre and post treatment is because the liver will defer to processing the alcohol first before the fat. I hope your find this information benificial.  

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Alcohol on UltraShape

Great question!
I do recommend my patients try and eat lighter and stay clear of alcohol for the first few days after the treatment. UltraShape delivers ultrasound energy directly into the stubborn fat below your skins surface. Rapidly changing pressure waves cause the targeted fat cells to rupture, releasing triglycerides that are processed by the liver and eliminated naturally, so we don't like to over work the liver. Ultrashape permanently destroys fat cells so the effects are long lasting. That said, a healthy lifestyle is always essential to maintaining a healthy weight.

Dennis Gross, MD

Impact of Alcohol on Ultrashape?

You ask a great question.  When we treat our UltraShape patients we tell them to try and eat clean for a few days after each treatment, as well as lay off heavy alcohol drinking for the same time period.  The name of the game is to try and not overload your system with lots of excess fat and calories from food and drink during the time all of the fat cells are destroyed by the machine and your body is attempting to excrete the fat from your system.  If you overwhelm your body with fatty meals on top of the fat circulating from the fat cells, you very well can experience suboptimal results because some of that fat may be redeposited.

That being said, I do not think you ruined your last session.  It sounds like you are a happy UltraShape patient, which is very pleasing to hear!