Ovarian cyst removal and tummy tuck at the same time?

Hello, I am scheduled for a noninvasive ovarian cyst removal, it is @15cm. But I was planning on having a TT and breast lift or augmentation next year. I was wondering if it could be done at the same time since I am going to be intubated and all. I am trying to limit my exposure to anesthesia and risk of blood loss and complications. I suffer from ITP which is also a concern of mine since I have to be treated prior to any surgery to bring my platelets levels up. Thanks in advance.

If your "Ovarian cyst removal is laparoscopic" it is not possible to combined the surgery with Tummy Tuck, because abdominal cavity will have to be filled with carbon dioxide. 

But if the" Ovarian cyst removal is done by  open laparotomy", then the "Tummy Tuck and the Breast Lift Augmentation" can be performed at once, being the plastic surgeon the one to  make the incision and raise the flap for the other surgeon to remove te cyst.

This is done without intubation, with IV  sedation and epidural regional anesthesia. The open Ovarian cyst removal "is a very short procedure" ( it does not take long for the surgeon) so it can be combined with the Tummy Tuck and the Breast Lift . It will take  3 1/2 hours, almost the usual, in my practice, for a  combine plastic surgery procedures.

This is  only possible if your hemoglobin levels are or get to 12 or more grams, your platelets are up, and your general health is fine. It is best because you will undergo only 1 surgery and 1 anesthesia.

Ovarian surgery and tummy tuck, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

In my practice I dont recommend a gynecological surgery of a cyst removal with a tummy tuck and breast surgery to avoid unnecesary risks and for the patient safety because the surgical and anesthesic time will be to long and that is associated with risks that are preventables.

Respectfully, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Cyst removal and TT

This is the call of your surgeon.Also the cost of the hospital may be way too mucha dn you may want to wait till it can be done in a safe outpatient center.Check with your gynecologist.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Sounds a lot risky! You would need to have your GYN surgeon and hematologist OK this option. Than find a boarded PS whom works at that hospital and whom your other doctors and you find acceptable...

Thank you for your question.  Assuming you are cleared for surgery by your internal medicine and hematology doctors, you can get both a tummy tuck/breast work done at the same time as your ovarian cyst removal.  Talk to your surgeons to coordinate the procedures.