Bleeding after liposuction?

I just got my upper abs, lower abs, hips, and waist done and I'm leaking a lot but when I touched my clothes my hands got covered in blood. I'm a little scared cause they said I would leak fluids but not so much blood. I'm just wondering if this is something I should worry about and what excess bleeding is and If I'm having it. I feel normal, no fever, no lightheadedness or anything. Thanks!

Lipo and bleeding

Usually it is blood stained fluid, but without seeing you in person it is impossible to say for sure. Best to contact your doctor.

Lipo bleeding

The clear and obvious answer is contact your surgeon for Advice and review.It is not wise to go by online advice Esp Right after surgery

Robert Savage, MD (retired)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Excessive bleeding after surgery

It is hard to say what is going on unless I assessed you in person. Please contact your surgeon and see what he/she says and get in to see her to ensure all of your stitches are still in place.

Suspected bleeding after liposuction should be reported to your surgeon.

Drainage of Burgundy tumescent fluid is common after liposuction. Blood however is not and should be reported to your surgeon.

Contact your surgeon if you have concerns after surgery

If you are having concerns after your surgery, best to call your surgeon. None of us can advise you properly.