Erbium vs. Infini - mild scarring.

Wha is th difference between erbium and infini when it comes to mild scarring and scarred pores on my cheeks. And how much does each usually cost for just the cheek area? I have scarred pores and minor scarring due to glycolic acid and retinol abuse.

Erbium vs infini; ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

I agree with dr. Weiner, for deeper scars infini is more effective . For more superficial scars, Infini, Non ablative Erbium well as standard micro needling are equally effective.  Hope this helps.

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Infini vs Erbium for acne scars

The Infini has less downtime, less risk, and is more effective for acne scars in my experience. Infini can go deeper (up to 3.5mm) vs the Erbium (about 1.7mm). RF can create collagen and elastin whereas lasers create only collagen. The Infini also has microneedling as part of it mechanism of action. Infini is safe on dark skin types whereas Erbium has much higher risk for hyperpigmentation in dark skin types. There is wound care needed with the Erbium as well. Additional measures for acne scars include subcision, Bellafill, and TCA cross.

Steven F. Weiner, MD