Red needle marks normal after Infini RF? (Photo)

Hello, I have had Infini RF done 3 days ago, on 16th Nov. While the Infini RF went smoothly, my face is still slightly red and I have plenty of needle marks on my face. This is despite the doctor assuring that Infini RF has little to no downtime, and that I should only experience redness and swelling for 1-2 days. The picture shows my chin where it is the worst, generally it's all over my face but over the days some of the needle marks have either faded or dropped off as scabs. Is this normal??

Pin-Point marks

Needles marks can occur and are normal the first few days following INFINI treatment especially for ethnic skin types and also depending on how superficial the needles were penetrating. Your red marks look with in the normal range of marks 3 days after INFINI. They should continue to disappear. If they persist a Vbeam laser treatment will help reduce redness. If hyperpigmentation occurs 3 weeks after treatment you can start Retin A and a bleachin cream such as Lytera or Hydroquinone. I generally recommend deeper treatments on ethnic skin types to avoid hyper pigmentation.

Red marks from Infini after a few days

This looks within the normal range. I would use growth factor creams and Retin A. If the redness persists, Excel V laser or VBeam is helpful in faster healing. Make sure this was really the Infini, because in your area there are many similar devices with uninsulated needles which would lead to more downtime and more needle marks showing.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Needle Marks

Needle marks are normal after an infini treatment. Swelling also occurs. Every patient is different and healing also varies. Most of my patients heal faster than what you have mentioned, but it does not appear there is any complication from the procedure. I would recommend that you see your doctor and make sure all is well.

Robert M. Wald, Jr., MD