Should I take periodic breaks from using Latisse?

I had great results when I first started using Latisse, but that "honeymoon phase" only lasted 6-9 months; thereafter I would lose a large number of lashes at once. They would grow back, but never as thick as before. My prescribing doctor suggested that because it regulates the growth cycle of lashes, using it had put them all onto the same schedule, causing more to fall out at the same time. She suggested taking a week off every so often to "reset" the clock. Are you aware of this phenomenon?

Hello and thank you for your questions. You should see maximum results by 16 weeks. After that time, it is recommended to reduce the usage from daily maintenance to 2-3 times a week. That should help maintain the growth and length of your lashes. I wish you the best of luck!

Latisse and Eyelash Growth

Latisse takes 12-16 weeks to grow lashes and once you stop they will return to previous. However, you can maintain the growth by doing it 2-3x / week after they have gotten to the size/thickness you want. I typically inject and apply topically PRP for a few treatments at the beginning to improve the growth rate of the lashes. Best, Dr. Emer.