Can I get CoolScuplting done 3 months after pregnancy?

I just had a baby August 1st and my gallbladder removed 3 weeks after. Since then I have been working out and eating portioned meals. I want to know if it's safe to have this done.

CoolSculpting After Pregnancy

Yes, you can get CoolSculpting done 3 months after pregnancy. Since you just had surgery I recommend you wait a few more months. This is because your body is still healing. In the meantime continue to exercise and monitor your diet. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Coolsculpting after childbirth

Congratulations on your bundle of joy! There is no set standard as to when you should do Coolsculpting post pregnancy. Pregnancy can take a toll on your body during the 9-months, that being said, I would recommending waiting 10-12 months post-delivery before having a procedure.  Everyone heals at different rates, so I suggest you  following up with your OBGYN and see what he or she suggest….however, I ask that you please be patient with your body and allow it to heal fully before moving forward with any procedure.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting after pregnancy - a safe treatment

CoolSculpting is a safe treatment to reduce abdominal fat after having a baby.  As long as any surgical scars are completely healed, and as long as you aren't currently pregnant, CoolSculpting should be safe!

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting after pregnancy

We have treated many patients after pregnancy.  We have three CoolSmooth Pro applicators that produce no suction during treatment.  Once you come in for a consultation, we can make the best recommendation based on your medical needs.   We have done coolsculpting at this practice as early as one month after pregnancy, but we treated thighs, not the abdomen.  

No recovery yet 3month after baby.

After 3month your body has not yet fully recovered.  You have been pregnant for 10months with gradual swelling; it takes 10months or 1year at least until you are fully recovered. Some women recover faster than others, but still.....

It took me for even more than one year to recover fully after childbirth.

I would recommend you to wait at least one year more less.

Hope this is helpful. 

Mi Ran Park, MD
San Jose Family Physician

Coolsculpting after baby

Yes you absolutely can have coolsculpting done 3 months after delivering a baby.  It can be a great way to lose the unwanted baby fat without surgery or downtime!  Good luck!!!

CoolScupting after delivery

Dear kalex8:

Yes, you can have CoolSculpting after having a baby.  Usually, CoolSculpting can be performed after cholecystectomy (removal of the gallbladder) as well.

We have the new #CoolAdvantage applicators, so that one can have treatments in almost half the time.  In your case, that means you can get back to your baby much sooner!

All the best, Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Coolsculpting

Hi,

Coolsculpting can be performed as long as all your wounds in the area you want to treat has healed.Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Post Pregnancy CoolSculpting

Hello kalex8,

Thank you for sharing your question. At this point post pregnancy you could have CoolSculpting at any time without issue. Regarding the gallbladder surgery ask  you surgeon if you could proceed at this time or they would like you to wait. Be well.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Safe for Coolsculpting?

You can get Coolsculpting 3 months after pregnancy without hesitation. It can be done anytime after pregnancy. The surgery for your GB needs a recovery period but it should be fine now. Zimmer Z wave and CoolAdvantage handpiece make the procedure more effective and more comfortable.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
4.6 out of 5 stars 27 reviews ubxvxybyrexfbbwrybzfey