I have sensitive skin. Can I use Cosmelan?

Cosmelan and Sensitive Skin

Cosmelan can be used by most with sun-sensitive skin. Your dermatologist or plastic surgeon will evaluate your skin type for this treatment and customize it if needed.

Itching sensation

Yes, you can still use cosmelan but the most common complaints from patients are usually an itching sensation.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Sensitive Skin and Cosmelan

Cosmelan is a fabulous product to treat facial Melasma.  It takes two treatments 3 weeks apart to remove the hyperpigmentation from Melasma. Most of my patients have sensitive skin which contributes to their Melasma. It is definitely not a contraindication for Cosmelan therapy. For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Cosmelan. 

Michele S. Green, MD

Sensitive skin and Cosmelan

You can use Cosmelan if you have sensitive skin, but I would encourage you to do so only under the care of a physician. We have many patients with very sensitive skin who use Cosmelan but there are things we alter in the steps to alleviate irritation and redness for those with extremely sensitive skin.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD