Loose sagging skin under right jaw after lower face and neck lift. What are the revision options please? (Photos)

The revision my PS has suggested would be to make a longer incision from under my chin and along to the jowl area, where a little fat may be removed, and then the skin would be lifted and the surplus skin cut away before being pulled together and sutured. This I am told by the PS will leave noticeable scarring along my neck and concerns me. I would be grateful to hear of any other options which would not leave noticeable scars? I am now 13 months since lower face and neck lift surgery!

Revision Facelift

Thank you for you question and pictures, you lower facelift and neck lift surgery should have left you with a contoured jawline and neck, however without seeing you in person and having an understanding of the surgery procedure performed, it would be hard to suggested the best way forward.  You may consider a second opinion consultation with another plastic surgeon with good reputation in facial rejuvenation and face lifts. Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.

Many of my patients your age will opt for The Concept™ facelift is suitable for men and women who wish to reduce sagging in the lower face and neck and regain a more natural, rejuvenated appearance. The procedure is less invasive than a traditional facelift and there is less scarring, bruising and swelling for a significantly quicker recovery period.

What are the benefits of The Concept Facelift under local anaesthetic?

• Minimally invasive as it is a short scar facelift
  • There is minimal bruising and swelling, especially when compared to traditional facelifts
  • As the procedure is performed under local anaesthetic, you can go straight home following the procedure
  • Full recovery in a matter of days rather than months
  • Significantly less risk than Facelifts performed under general anaesthetic
  • Fresh, youthful and long lasting results

All The Best 

London Plastic Surgeon

Revision face lift

I am not sure, based on these photos and very limited history, that extensive incision and skin excision is necessary in your case. It appears that neck deformity is more due to underlying scar, fat and/or muscle deformity than skin redundancy? If so, revision face lift using under-the-chin incision and right side pre and postauricular incision (to tighten the skin) would be my suggestion. However, a more detailed clinical evaluation is needed to give you accurate plan of treatment.  You may consider a second opinion consultation with another plastic surgeon with good reputation in facial rejuvenation and face lifts. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon