I had a Breast reduction on October 45th 2016. Today I took off my bra and noticed possible infection? Help.

I took off my bra to shower and noticed my incesion following the T line had a medium red circle that was warm to the touch. There are also some small areas on that same incesion line that have little red spot with fluid in them, I know it's fluid because when I touched them the fluid moves. Called my Doctor today and he called me in Bactrum DS 800-160 and wants to see me tomorrow to examine it. What is this antibiotic? Is it strong enough to cure infections?

Infection after breast surgery

Thank you for your question.  I'm sorry about your concerns.  Infection after breast surgery is uncommon, calling your Dr. was the right thing to do.  He has started you on a broad spectrum antibiotic and seeing you in person quickly is the best way to analyze the situation.

Dr. Hisham Seify

Infection after breast reduction surgery?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast reduction surgery. I am glad that your plastic surgeon is seeing you soon; nothing will replace in-person evaluation when it comes to diagnosis and treatment recommendations.  Hopefully, what you are experiencing is a minor setback.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

I took off my bra and noticed possible infection?

After breast reduction infection is uncommon but to be safe you have done all the right things. Your call to the doctor is just what is needed. The antibiotic give a broad coverage and your visit tomorrow should set things straight.

Management of an infection after breast reduction.

In infection with a breast reduction is very uncommon. Your surgeon has empirically started you on a broad spectrum antibiotic in is going to see you soon. This is completely suitable treatment.