Visible lumps after Juvederm injections in nasolabial folds. Any suggestions? (photos)

This is my first time using any type of facial filler so I am concerned. I was injected with 1cc of juvederm yesterday for deep nasolabial folds and uneven lips I can feel and see how superficial the filler is under my skin, like two hard lines going down my face. The corners of my mouth also appear lumpy, and I can feel hard lumps in my lips. I'm freaking out over these results. Can I expect the juvederm to soften up and smooth out in the near future or was too much product used superficially ?

Lumps from Injections

Most patients can feel some lumps from injections. However, if the lumps are visible then you may need Vitrase to dissolve the products if the lumps do not disappear with gentle massage.  Best, Dr. Green

Normal to feel lumps, can take few months to subside.

100% of patients can feel filler, as the product can be hard, however the important aspect is that visually not noticeable. It can take a few weeks to months before the 'feeling' of filler subsides. Once again this is completely normal. 

Massage can help, if one can 'see' lumps (this maybe visible on angled lighting), then using an agent such as HYLASE or hyaluronidase can help. 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Visible lumps after Juvederm injections in nasolabial folds. Any suggestions?

The photos does not give a good suggestion where the visible lumpiness is. It is normal to feel lumpiness with any filler. What we do not want to see is visible lumpiness or nodules. if still the palpable nodules are concerning you, some massage of the area can be done to reduce them. Consult with your filler injector also.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after Juvederm

Thanks for your question and photos. This is normal. Sometimes, these lumps can take anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks to subside. I tell my patients to massage the area, but it is best to follow the instructions provided by your injector or surgeon.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Juvederm Results

Hello and thank you for your question and photos! I'm sorry you are not pleased with your results. However, it requires a little bit more time and some massage to the area. If you are very concerned and feel like something isn't right, don't be afraid to call the physician who did the injection. 
Good luck to you!

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Was the injector a MD? Your reaction is typical. Wait at least 10 days before doing anything! >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Be patient after juvederm

It is far to early to worry.  You appear to be doing fine.   Massage will help certainly.  It takes a few weeks to really see where you are.   My Best,  Dr Commons