How many mls of Juvederm should I get for my first time? (photos)

i'm planning to get juvederm fillers but since it's my first time and I'm aiming for a natural look and not some kind of a duck shaped disaster, I dont know how to sart. first picture is my lips and the second one is approximately what I want (probably a little bit thinner). How many mls should I start with and is juvederm a good decision? what's the most natural looking filler? thanks in advance

How many mls of Juvederm should I get for my lips the first time?

I would recommend to my patients with lips similar to yours the use of .8-1.0 ccs of Juvederm.  Allow two weeks for swelling to resolve before even considering additional filler.  I personally find your example photo far too unnatural looking for my taste.   Best wishes and enjoy.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Bd of Plastic Surgery
Member, Am Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, CA

How many mls of Juvederm should I get for my first time?

Hello lnga96,

I like to stress that your goal is a result, not a set volume.  If you trust your injector, he or she should help guide how much you need.  It is always better to be conservative, especially on your first injection, to avoid an overdone lip.  You can always go back and add more later if you want more fullness.  

As far as the fillers, I like to use either Juvederm XC or Restylane Silk for the lips. 

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Fillers Long Term, Use Cannulas and a Conservative approach

I suggest going slow and starting with a small amount and building from there. there will be less swelling long term.  Best, Dr. Emer.

You have good volume on your lips to start with. I would recommend to get at least one syringe. Get a mirror and help the physician to asses the volume that you want as it is being done if possible. Stop there and come back for more a few weeks if you want more.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

First Time Lip Injections

Hi Inga. It's the job of your injector to determine exactly how much filler you will need, and to what areas of your lips it should be injected to give you the best results. You already have nice baseline volume to your lips. When doing lip injections the normal anatomy of your lips should be respected, that is the bottom lip should always be a little larger than the top lip. If not, then you'll end up with duck lips. I never start off with more than 1 syringe, usually this is enough. It's always easier to add more later. Please make sure you find an experienced physician injector and view their before and after pictures to make sure your goals are aligned. Don't put your lips in the hands of a nurse or someone who's taken a weekend course in filler injections. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

First time for Juvederm lip augmentation

Start with one syringe or less. You can always add more later. When I do it for first timers, we numb the lips first then I use about half the syringe, ask the patient to look the lips. If it looks perfect then I add a little more since some of the volume is swelling. If it looks a tad big, I stop right there and bring the patient back in 2 weeks. We can add more then if necessary.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Start with a small amount of filler for natural results

Thank you for sharing your question. When injecting fillers, the doctor must make certain to obtain natural results. It is best to inject a small amount of filler on the first visit and add more if needed later. Make sure you doctor is an experienced injector with multiple products in order to guide you with the right filler for your needs. Good luck,

Lip enhancement

I would recommend to start with one syringe. Additional filler can always be added down the line if you want to add additional volume.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvaderm Lips

Thank you for the question.  I usually recommend starting with one syringe.  You could always add more later.

Michael Bublik, MD