Safe to use Probiotics during the recovery time after Mommy Makeover?

I 'm currently using Keybiotics or probiotics can I continue using them before and after the procedure. Also many people advise the use of arnica and bromelain few weeks before and after the surgery. Is that safe? I so will be tablets or topical creams?

Use of probiotics helpful post-operatively

Thanks for your question.  I do recommend the use of probiotics after your surgery; it helps prevent yeast infections that may happen with the use of antibiotics during the peri-operative period.  Eating yogurt helps a lot too.  Arnica and bromolein may help with decreasing bruising and swelling after surgery.

Probiotics with Mommy Make-Over

Thank you for your Mommy Make-Over question.
  • The probiotics should be fine - and may avoid diarrhea from operative antibiotics.
  • The arnica and bromlein may be fine with your surgeon.
  • Check with your surgeon - s/he may feel differently since s/he knows you perrsonally and knows what exactly is planned. Best wishes.

Supplement Use While Healing from a Mommy Makeover

I suggest to my patients beginning supplements such as  bromelain or arnica a week or two before their procedure(s). However, its best to consult with your board-certified Plastic Surgeon beforehand. She or he will make suggestions according to your procedure and medical records in addition to discussing your pre-op preparations. Also, such may be provided for you with your pre-op material and prescriptions in time for your recovery period. You will learn more about preparing at your pre-op appointment.

Mommy makeover aftercare

After a mommy makeover, it takes time for the implants to settle (if you got implants) and it takes time for the swelling to resolve. This can take up to 6 months so I don't usually recommend any revisions for that time. Specific questions about problems with the surgery are usually best directed to the plastic surgeon who performed your surgery. Thanks for your question!

The use of probiotics should not be a problem; always best to confirm with your own plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Popular over-the-counter drug preparations will not improve the results the risks of abdominoplasty.

Taking anything morally prior to an abdominoplasty should be done with the advise and consent of your own plastic surgeon. 

OTC medications and elective cosmetic surgery

I would see no harm in taking the probiotics but if there is any question just stop two weeks prior to surgery.  As far as the arnica and bromelain ask your plastic surgeon.  These can be helpful to decrease swelling and bruising.  I personally perfer the tablets.  

This is a great question to ask your chosen surgeon. The reason is we are not doing your operations and ALWAYS best to follow the surgeon in charge advise...