I was born with a cleft lip and palate so my nose is crooked. Is it fixable? (photos)

I was born with a cleft lip and palate. The left side of my nose is slanted and looks completely different from the right side of my nose. Is it possible my nose to be straightened?

Fixable nose

Absolutely there are procedures that can be done to improve the symmetry of your nose.  The cleft side will never look exactly like the non cleft side, but you can get some improvement.The cleft side of the nose can be shaped with a cleft rhinoplasty.  This will project the flatter side and straighten the columella (the middle part).  While you are asleep for rhinoplasty, you could use a small revision to the lip, as the cleft side is slightly pulled up.See a surgeon who has done specialized craniofacial training and is experienced with cleft lip and cleft rhinoplasty.Best of luckDr Rodman

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cleft revision rhinoplasty

Hi,This is a very common problem after patients have cleft lip and palate. They usually have surgeries to improve the appearance and functionality of the nose when they are older and into their adult years depending on the outcome. It is possible to improve your nose, but rhinoplasty for a cleft nasal deformity is very challenging and best corrected by a cleft surgeon. I would encourage you to see a cleft surgeon specialist to get their advice on what the best options are for you. Good luck!