CT scan after CO2 laser

I had laser CO2 laser on my face 3 weeks ago. My ENT wants to do a CT scan of my lower face/neck area. I'm not sure how the radiation will affect my skin. Is it safe?

CT scan after CO2 laser

Thanks for your query. It is absolutely safe to get a CT scan after co2 laser as it doesn’t produce any heat or radiation that will affect your skin. Hope it helps.

India Plastic Surgeon

Ct should have no effect on the healing of co2 laser

CT scan should have no effect on the healing of a co2 laser as the skin is generally not effected to any significant degree with these technologies.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Lasers and Radiology...

Thank you for your questions.  Assuming you had a fractional CO2 laser and your skin is healed, which it should be, 3 weeks after treatment, it is safe for you to get a CT scan.  If you had a fully ablative CO2 laser, I would presume you are not completely healed at this point, so I would wait another week or two until your skin is healed and then it would be safe to get a CT scan.  Remember medical concerns always trump cosmetic concerns.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Co2 and ct scan

A cat scan should not have any effect on your laser treatment.  However, as long as you don't need the cat scan for an urgent matter then I would recommend waiting until your skin initially recovered from the co2 treatment- No crusting scabbing or open areas. At three weeks with a fractional co2 treatment there shouldn't be any healing issues other than possibly some residual redness and swelling.  I would recommend discussing this with your ENT and the physician that performed the laser treatment.

Stephen Small, DO
Toms River Plastic Surgeon