BBL without abdomen lipo? (photos)

I am so nervous about having my abdomen liposuctioned for my upcoming BBL. I have a little "pooch" but it's not that bad, especially when I'm dieting and working out consistently. I would be devastated if I ended up with ripples or lumps on my abdomen. Can this be prevented by not being aggressive with the ab lipo? Or should I just skip it all together and focus on thighs, love handles, and back for lipo areas? Any info or advice would be so greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Should you do a BBL without liposuction of the abdomen?

A BBL is a powerful and flexible technique that combines liposuction many parts of the body, cleaning the fact that is collected, and using this healthy fat to graft to multiple areas of the patient desires. Fact can be collected from many different sites, not only the abdomen. The abdomen is often used because this is an area where most of us can spare a little fat and also liposuction of the abdomen really complements the overall look of an improve contour of the butt. The answer to your question is yes! A BBL can be done without lipo of the abdomen, but more importantly, you should ask yourself. "Why not do liposuction to this area?" Have a discussion with your plastic surgeon about the quality of your fat, the thickness of your abdominal fat, and the quality and tone of your skin. Also ask your surgeon how he or she will avoid contour and skin deformities from liposuction. Make sure that they have a good strategy to avoid this. Contour deformities should not happen after liposuction if the planning is done beforehand and the procedure is done correctly. Most likely, be sure that you are working with an experienced plastic surgeon who is board-certified in the American Board of plastic surgery. You and your tummy deserve nothing less.

Often the abdomen is a good source of fat for a BBL.  Careful conservative harvesting will often not lead to problems.

Based on the pictures posted, absolutely no liposuction to the abdomen. The abdomen looks very good .
Very little fat in the flanks and thighs.
There is a hip dip which also needs to be filled, otherwise the buttock contour will not be ideal.

Consider taking whatever fat there is to fill the hip dip and a buttock implant if you still desire a larger buttock.
Or do nothing, you look good

BBL without abdominal liposuction

Based on the photos, I agree that you do not have a lot of fat in abdomen.  Careful liposuction of the abdomen should not cause any problems, but if you prefer, you may skip the liposuction of the abdomen.  However, overall you do not have a lot of fat, and you will need to have rather aggressive liposuction in the other areas to get substantial amount of fat.  Discuss with your plastic surgeon regarding the realistic volume of the expected liposuction and fat injection.  

Alex Kim, MD

Alex Kim, MD

Abdominal lipo for BBL

If you are very concerned about contour irregularities in your abdomen, then the best way to avoid that is to not have any liposuction performed in that area. If the liposuction is done carefully and deep, it's not really an issue. Discuss this in more detail with your plastic surgeon if you are still concerned.

William Bruno, MD

BBL and Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.In my practice for cases like yours I recommend waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD