Voluma or Restylane Lift for Nasal Labial folds?

During my consultation, my dermatologist recommended Restylane Lift for my nasal labial folds (one vial in each fold). At another appointment, he then recommended Voluma with one vial of Juvaderm ultra for the folds. I am confused as to why the different recommendations. Which is better for nasal labial folds? In reading about Voluma, it seems people use it for volume in their cheeks, but I don't have a concern about this. Just mostly the folds which I'd like to soften. Thanks in advance for the help!

Voluma and Restylane Lyft for nasolabial folds

Thank you for your question 2012 mommy. Restylane Lyft and Voluma are great treatments for restoring volume loss in the cheeks. I have a number of patients who say they do not want fillers in their cheeks because they don't want to look fake; instead they want Juvederm in the nasolabial fold. Traditionally we have used fillers directly into the nasolabial folds for correction, which works well for the most part. More recently things have changed. We now understand that part of the reason why we see these changes. Part of it is because over time we naturally lose volume in the cheeks. The fat pads get smaller and the bones go downward and inward. This, in part, leads to the formation of the nasolabial folds. Voluma and Restylane Lyft are designed to restore the volume that is lost in the cheeks. This pulls the cheeks up and reduces the nasolabial folds and marionette lines. These newer fillers have three advantages to the traditional fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane that have been injected into the nasolabial folds.1. They address the cause of the problem rather than the results of the problem.2. They also restore the youthful apple of the cheek.3. People enjoy the results for longer.With my patients I usually start with one syringe of Voluma per side, which is conservative. I have them come back two weeks later to assess the results and determine if more Voluma is needed or if Juvederm can be added to the nasolabial folds or marionette lines. Voluma and Restylane Lyft both work well and there are multiple ways to skin a cat. Often times offices will receive promotions from vendors and pass on the promotions to their patients and this varies from month to month. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Fillers For Nasolabial Fold

I prefer hyaluronic acid fillers for nasolabial folds, such as Restylane Lyft (deep) and Juvederm Ultra Plus, as it can last more than 6 months. This should be done in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist with expertise in this area. #facialrejuvenation#drrodrohrich#fillers

Rod J. Rohrich, MD