How many syringes of filler do you think I will need for under eye hollows?

I know I have deep sunken eyes and need a filler for my under eye hollow. How many syringes of filler do you think it will take for correction? Any other areas I will need filler or Botox? I am 39.

Fillers under the eyes

Thank you for your question hymie2000. For hollows under the eyes volume must be restored and fillers are used to restore such volume. Restylane works well under the eyes and the amount required varies from person to person. With my patients I start with one syringe split across both sides and assess two weeks later to see if more should be added. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Less than one ml of Restylane or HA filler for under eyes

This area needs very little filler. In fact, less than one ml. We often undercurrent this area to prevent or reduce lumps. See a specialist who can perform this procedure, as under the eye fillers or tear thoughts can be challenging. 
All the best Dr Davin LimLaser and aesthetic dermatologist Brisbane. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Filler for the eyes

Without pictures it is impossible to say for sure, but it would be very atypical to need more than 1 syringe of filler to treat the area under both eyes.  Restylane or Belotero are good options here.  Botox is generally not very useful for the area under the eyes, but the crows feet area (squinting lines) out laterally do respond quite well to Botox, and usually does not take much.  A consultation would be important for a good exam and best possible procedure recommendations.

John Harbison, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers under the eyes

It is rare that more than one syringe of filler would be needed for most people under the eyes.  Generally we use hyaluronic acid fillers and in particular we like either Belotero or Restylane.

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler for eyes

typically 1 cc or 1 syringe restylane is enough.  I would recommend using canula for decreased risk of bruising and edema.