Small purple dot at end of incision. Any suggestions? (photos)

1 month post-op. Initially looked like it had puss in it but the yellowish color went away and it looked purple. I tried to squeeze it to release any blood that was inside.Nothing came out. What was it? Is this normal? Will it scar?

Dot

this is no cause for alarm

It is likely the knot of the buried dissolving suture and will dissolve on its own in the next month or so

Small Purple Dot at End of Incision

Always contact your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about post-operative infection, bleeding, swelling, fever, excessive bruising, or any new and sudden changes in the feeling or look of your implants, breasts or incisions.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk. Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. #Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem.  The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”.  These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing. But, if you find you are having any trouble with your incisions, scabs or scars be sure to see your surgeon right away to have the area checked for proper healing.

Incisions at 1 Month

It isn't uncommon for one end of the incision to close a little more slowly or have a suture spit and this can make the scar temporarily darker there but over the next few months it should fade like the rest of the scar. Let your Plastic Surgeon know if you have any ongoing issues.

All the best 

Purple mark

Hello and thank you for sharing your concerns. It could possibly be a knot from your suture and squeezing the area might have caused a bit of irritation. I recommend following up with your surgeon to see if you are healing well. I wish you the best of luck!

Peter Newen, MD

Purple mark

Thank you for the question and photo I would recommend you see your surgeon rather then speculate

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Small purple dot at end of incision

Looks like most likely this is some reaction to a suture knot.  Your surgeon may be able to remove the knot in the office - best to check with him/her.   Hope that is helpful -

Small purple dot at end of breast augmentation incision.

This is likely to be due to a buried knot from the suture used just under the skin to close the skin  wound. Normally this is absorbable and with time will simply dissolve away but nothing to be worried about. Discuss with your surgeon.

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon