Am I a good candidate for "breast lift donuts,or Lollipop incision?" (Photo)

I am 26 yrs, after losing some weight when I was 18, Had a saggy breast as you can see. I feel I need a breast lift surgery, I am not looking for bigger size. was wondering what would be the best incision for me to help lift with a minimal scares, also reduce the risk of losing the Nipples sensitivity. Thanks,

Finding a board certified plastic surgeon

Great question.I would recommend seeking a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and you can do this by searching the following society names and plugging in your zip code for the closest surgeon to you.Members of both societies are board certified plastic surgeons and you can be sure that you will be in great hands.
ASAPS (American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery)
ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons)

Breast Lift with minimal incisions and maximum lift

Hi,

Thank you for your question and photo.
The Horndeski Method (TM) was developed to reshape, and provide maximum lift without needing implants nor the dreaded vertical (highly visible) scar. An added feature to The Horndeski Method is that the breasts are secured in such a way that renders it the longest lasting lift available. At age 26, this is extremely important. It also preserves nipple sensitivity and the ability to breast feed. You are wise not to want implants, as implants often distort and stretch tissues making your problem worse.

Kind regards,
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

I would listen to what you wish to accomplish, examine you and talk about various alternaties to try and achieve what you are trying to do.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for a breast lift? If so, what type of incision? (PHOTO)

Many thanks for your enquiry and attached photograph. I must say I would recommend a breast implant with a lollipop incision, possibly combined with a short transverse scar which lies in the fold underneath your breast.

I think a donut lift would not give you a sufficient reduction in nipple elevation that you are looking for and a lollipop may be possible but I think I would prefer to add the short scar in the fold under your breast.

I wish you the best of luck if you do decide to go ahead with surgery.

Type of breast lift needed

We define breast lifts by the appearance of the external scar. There are 4 basic breast lifting procedures; these include a crescent lift, a peri-areolar lift, a lollipop or vertical lift, and a full breast lift. Obviously, patients want the procedure with the least amount of scarring. However, in general, the more breast droop you have, the more scars you will need to achieve the best result. If scarring is a major issue for you and you opt to downgrade your procedure to one with less scarring, you must lower your expectations for your final result.

Based on your pictures, your nipple requires a significant amount of upward repositioning. I would recommend either a vertical “lollipop scar” breast lift or a full “anchor scar” breast lift. It is hard to tell which you need due to the black boxes.  With a vertical breast lift, a semicircle is created by removing skin at the correct nipple position.Then a v-shaped section of skin is removed below this, sparing the nipple.The nipple is moved into the new position and the skin is closed. The resultant scar is in the shape of a lollipop. This approach works well for patients with moderate breast sagging. This is because the distance from the nipple to the inframammary fold is short. This approach does not work well for patients with a large amount of sagging because the distance from the desired nipple position to the inframammary fold is too long, so if the vertical breast was performed, your breast would look misshapen.

For these patients, a full “Anchor type” breast lift is needed. To do this, triangular incisions are added to the vertical limbs. This allows me to remove skin beneath the breast in the vertical direction. This shortens the distance from the nipple areolar complex to the inframammary fold to an appropriate length. The result is an “Anchor type” scar.

I, and my fellow plastic surgeons, are very sensitive to the issue of scarring.  I have yet to meet a patient who did not want to minimize the amount and size of scars after surgery!  Remember that you are trading the scars for the shape that you want.  We have lots of techniques to help with healing and minimize scarring.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Breast Lift Incision for Sagging After Weight Loss

Thank you for providing a photo with your question. I think you would benefit from an in person exam with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in breast surgery. Generally speaking, "doughnut" or periareolar lifts are not effective in patients with moderate to heavy breast sag. You appear to have some more significant tissue overhanging your breast fold. You may be a candidate for the "lollipop" pattern but will most likely see the best result with the full breast lift that leaves "anchor" pattern type incision. Typically these scars heal very nicely and fade over time. Best wishes. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Breast lift after weight loss

Congratulations on your weight loss. One question I would have is, are you stable in weight or are you continuing to lose weight or fluctuate? Ideally, one would want to be stable before proceeding with body contouring procedures of which breast lifting is one.
Based solely on the limited photos you provide, I would suspect that you would need at least a lollipop (vertical) scar lift and that a periareolar lift would distort the shape of the breast and increase the diameter of the areola. Changes in nipple sensitivity are variable and unpredictable but usually do not occur with simple lifting but may change significantly with augmentation or reduction surgery. In the end, most patients will end up with sensitivity that is near normal as pre-op after completely healing has occurred (i.e. 6 months).

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Vertical breast lift

Hi, Monosh.  You look to be an excellent candidate for a lollipop -- or vertical -- breast lift.  "Donut" lifts are only good if the nipple needs to be lifted 2cm or less, and even that tends to have a flattening effect on the breast which is not very aesthetic.  The vertical lift generally leaves excellent scars, and eliminates the need for a long incision under the breast.  There is always a small risk for changing nipple sensation, and most women experience a temporary change, but the vast majority end up with normal sensation.  Make sure you see a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience with patients after weight loss.

Kyle Song, MD

Breast lift

Your breasts are too saggy to be able to accomplish a lift with the donut. That is definitely out of the question.  You might be able to get the lollipop lift, but you need to make sure the surgeon is experienced with that type of lift, and not sell surgeons are.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast Lift

Looking at your pictures, i'm afraid you are not a good candidate for a "donut" or periareolar mastopexy. It will not give you the results you want. You will most benefit from a "lollilop" or vertical breast lift, perhaps even a full anchor type breast lift +/- a small implant for some added volume to the top aspect of the breast. Good luck!