Is Lipo needed to get good results with a Mommy Makeover?

I recently went to a consult where I was quoted a price that is well over my budget. So I was wondering if lipo is really necessary to see good results? I am also planning on losing 10-20lbs before the procedure. I am 5'0 ft 143lbs lost 60 lbs after both pregnancies.

Liposuction and mommy makeover

Liposuction is an important part of a mommy makeover, but not every patient will need liposuction performed. If you are happy with your body fat, then you may not need it.

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Lipo during mommy makeover

Many of my patients do request and benefit from liposuction during a mommy makeover, for example of the flanks to improve the contour at each end of the tummy tuck incision.  However, I do not consider it to be an essential part of the procedure for all patients.

Liposuction with Mommy Makeover?

A thorough assessment and physical exam would be most helpful in determining whether Liposuction would help you. We commonly use it if it is determined that your Mommy Makeover result will be enhanced with liposuction.

Burr von Maur, MD

Hello, Dear Thank you so much for your questions. The mommy makeover is a complementary combination of plastic surgery procedures done to help you get your pre-baby body back. Liposuction could also be added to help with body contouring. Best regards!!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

mommy makeover and Liposuction

mommy makeover and Liposuction
mommy makeovers can have several different parts to the surgery. Although liposuctionis commonly done it can be done as a separate procedure if this is a budget issue.

Lipo is not a must

Hi, thanks for your inquiry, I would say that lipo although is not mandatory, it helps to achieve the hourglass figure shape that every woman wants. As I said, it is not mandatory, every case is different and first you will need a physical exam. Please have a virtual (Skype) or an in person consultation so you can discuss your thoughts, concerns, expectations and options thoroughly, good luck in your PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Liposuction is not always necessary with a mommy makeover.

Although liposuction is a common adjunct of mommy makeover is not always necessary. If you pinch the area in question and there is greater than 1 inch between your fingers liposuction should be a consideration.

Adding Liposuction to a Mommy Makeover

Congratulations on losing so much weight! Now comes the fun part, making your body look more like you want it. Without photos, and especially an in-person examination, it's impossible to advise you regarding liposuction. Usually, adding some liposuction to a large procedure like a mommy-makeover shouldn't add that much to the cost. The areas that most often might benefit are the hips and flanks in back. Those areas can be improved by weight loss too in most cases, possibly eliminating the need for liposuction. My office is also in Orange if you'd like to meet for a consultation at no charge. I've done many mommy makeovers with very happy patients (check out the video testimonial on the home page of my website), and I'm pretty sure that the price would be much more reasonable than you were quoted. I can give you the best advice about surgery once we've met in person. Good luck!

Andres Taleisnik, MD

Mommy makeover and liposuction

Hello Scaredready-

Photos would help tremendously with any advice. If you are already planning on a enhancing your breasts and tummy (mommy makeover) with an augmentation (+/- lift) and tummy tuck, then adding liposuction in and around those two areas should not be much of an added time or expense as it is only used to help contour the overall results. 

Whatever you choose to do, if you can loose desired weight before your surgery it is helpful with your overall results. Make sure that your weight is stable for 2-3 weeks prior to surgery that you are in an anabolic state (good protein forming/healing condition).

Good luck to you.

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for a mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

If you are slim, you may not need liposuction for a good tummy tuck result.
It doesn't cost to lose weight - so great idea.
Lose as much weight as you can to avoid the liposuction.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes