Can I use Benzoyl Peroxide on my breasts?

I just got my Breast Augmentation 3 months ago (457cc Silicone under muscles) and I notice acnes start developing on the upper part of my both breasts and there are acnes in between my breasts well. I don't know if It is okay to use the same topical Benzoyl Peroxide that I use for the skin on my face on my breasts ?

Peroxide

Thank you for your question and I would contact my surgeon and get his opinion though I do not think it should be a problem

Dr Corbin

Topical creams after Breast Augmentation

It is fine to use any type of lotion on your skin 3 months after breast augmentation. Facial acne creams also work well on the chest skin so I agree with you using this on that area. Best wishes.

Breast acne

I don't think it would be an issue, but I would definitely tell you to consult with your surgeon to get his or her opinion first. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

What to Use on Chest Acne - Post Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Acne on the chest after breast augmentation is not uncommon. At three months post-surgery, you will have no difficulties using an acne lotion that contains benzoyl peroxide on your chest. This should have no impact on your breast implants whatsoever.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Acne is common 3-6 months post surgery. Any over the counter acne preventative should be fine. I would suggest following up with your surgeon if you have any other questions. Best of Luck

Benzolyl Peroxide

Thank you for your question.  Yes, it is okay for you to use any type of ointment on your chest 3 months after your breast surgery.  Facial acne creams also work well on the chest skin and other parts of the body.

Dr. Peter Newen

Peter Newen, MD

At 3 months post-op you should have no problems with topical medications on your breasts. Good luck!

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  There should not be a problem using a cream like this at 3 months after your breast augmentation.  It will not affect your implants.  Best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

Benzoyl peroxide OK for your chest

Thank you for your question.  It is not a problem to use benzoyl peroxide on your breasts. It will have no effect on your implants.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Benzoyl Peroxide on chest

Thank you for your question.   You should always check with your surgoen, but I suspect you will be fine.  The skin on your chest is thinner and has less blood flow than your face, so be careful how often and how much product you put on the area.   Good luck.