I'm 8 days post op and feel quite unwell, I feel tired, weak and have a headache. Any suggestion ?

I've been for my post op appointment in which the nurse said I'm healing well, swelling is going down and only had a little bruising! I'm really happy with the look and size of my breasts but in myself I'm feeling quite unwel, really weak, tired and have a headache! This is the 8th day after surgery was wondering if this was normal? Did anyone else experience feeling like this?

Speak with your surgeon

What you are experiencing could very well be your body recovering from the anesthesia, but I would advise you to speak with your surgeon. Always best to err on the side of caution. Sorry that you are feeling so cruddy. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Not feeling well after surgery. Should I be worried?

Hi.  It could be just recovery from your surgery and the anaesthesia used.  It is best to followup with your plastic surgeon for another evaluation.

Headaches, tired, weak...

Hi honey, thank you for your question, is normal to feel how you are felling after a surgery, and headaches after having anesthesia, but I also recommend to see your doctor for a evaluation and to be assessed with an appropiate treatment. I hope you feel better.. best wishes :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Tired, weak, have a headache after augmentation.

It is not uncommon to feel tired and have difficulty sleeping after augmentation, and headache can result after anesthesia. Individuals usually are not weak after their procedure and most are out and about after a few days. It sounds like you should see you physician for an examination.

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

I'm 8 days post op and feel quite unwell, I feel tired, weak and have a headache. Any suggestion?

Thank you for your question. Feeling tired and not like yourself can be from surgery. Follow up with your surgeon or family doctor to discuss your concerns and be assessed. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD