Vol lift or voluma for lower face rejuvenation? (photos)

I have juvederm voluma in my cheeks and lines around my mouth and I love the results. My injector put 2 and a half syringes of volift in my lower face on either side. So 4 and a half in total in my lower face. I'm so very happy with the results and wanted her to use voluma but she said its not the right product for the lower face? I've been going to her for 5 years and would like another opinion. Thankyou

Voluma and other fillers

Video should answer your question. A good injector would use a variety of fillers in different locations to give you the best possible results. I do use Voluma in the lower 1/3 but only on the chin and jawline- mandible areas. For the lower face, I do prefer a softer product in this area as we do not want to 'weigh' the area down. Be guided by your Specialist as she has done a great job with your face. All the best, Dr Davin S. Lim. Brisbane. Australia.

Brisbane Dermatologist

Vol lift or voluma for lower face rejuvenation?

It sound like you have a wonderful doctor who really knows how to make you happy.  My recommendation is to follow the advise of your doctor.  If he or she feels that Voluma is not the right product, most likely the injections need to be more superficial and Voluma is not designed for superficial injections. 

Victoria Karlinsky, MD
Manhattan General Surgeon

Voluma for lower face

Voluma is indicated for deep injection in the cheek area.  It is not indicated for the lower face.
Good luck!

David Stoker, MD

Sculptra posteriorly, Juvederm or Restalyne anteriorly

For the lower face, I recommend Sculptra posteriorly, Juvederm or Restalyne anteriorly.  Voluma is best for boney augmentation.  I wouldn't use it in soft tissue.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Thank you for your questions and photograph. I agree with your injector that Voluma is best placed into the deeper structures of the face for added volume, improved tissue support, and lift.  This is typically in the cheeks, but can also be used in the temples and jawline.  Thinner gels are best used for the tissues around the mouth to restore volume and minimize creases.  Hope that this helps. 

Voluma

I appreciate your question.
Voluma is indicated for deeper structures such as cheek (upper face) augmentation.
Given that you are happy with your results, I would trust her.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Volift or Voluma for the lower face?

While Volift is not yet FDA approved for use in the US, your injector is correct.  Volift should be used for the lower face and Voluma should be used for deeper augmentation of bony structures such as the cheekbones (FDA indication) or chin are (not-FDA approved).  Best of luck!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Voluma For Lower Face

I find great results with Voluma here and i often combine it with deep injections with sculptra to get long term lifting and collagen production.  I suggest speaking to a well trained facial rejuvenation expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.