Extreme bruising and swelling 24 hours post 2 syringes of Juvederm Volift injections in top and bottom lips (Photo)

The swelling started yesterday (the day of the procedure) but this morning I woke up horrified my lips are 3 times larger and more swollen than they were yesterday, there is more bruising and I look very deformed and not human, Is this normal...? how much reduction should I expect when it calms down? I knew I'm gonna bruise and swell but did not think to that extent This is my first time getting injections with HA and I got one syringe of juvederm Volift in top lip and one in the bottom lip

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your current lip augmentation results have caused you concern.  Swelling after filler placement into the lips is quite common due to the thin nature of the tissues.  This swelling, and your results, will steadily improve over the next 10-14 days.  It often takes up to 2 weeks for fillers to soften and the tissues to appear more natural.  In the meantime try reducing the swelling by using cold compresses to your lips and elevating your head at night with a couple of extra pillows behind your back.  You may want to also consider using Arnica Montana and bromelain as supplements.  Hang in there!

Swelling after juvederm

Most people will swell with any injections into the lips, and Juvederm is very hydrophilic which means it will attract a lot of water, so you get even more edema.  One tube per lip is a pretty good amount of filler, so you will have very full lips.  It looks like the swelling is better at 24 hours than it was at 10 hours, so you should start to improve now.  Use some ice again today and some ibuprofen.     

Swelling after Vollure

Thank you for your question BotoxNation. I understand your concern. Vollure (Volift) is a hyaluronic acid filler designed to enhance the appearance of wrinkles and folds on the face. Swelling is normal for 2 weeks after a treatment. At that point final results are seen. Patience is important. I recommend that my patients apply cold compresses such as ice packs and sleep on an extra pillow to reduce swelling. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Swelling is not uncommon after lip filler injections

Lip swelling is a not uncommon side effect of lip filler. The degree of lip swelling and bruising varies from patient to patient and seems to be more likely with certain fillers. Most of the post-procedure swelling is these instances is very temporary and lasts for only a couple of days. But I would call and see the cosmetic physician that injected you as soon as you can.

Swelling after Juvederm

Swelling after Juvederm can definitely happen and some patients can swell more than others. I looks like you have a lot of swelling and I definitely recommend contacting your doctor as son as you can.
Without seeing your lips before the injections, it is hard to know if you really needed that much filler.
In any case, each patient and situation is different and I definitely recommend that you contact your doctor as soon as you can.